Mills Canyon, NM Flight

Reaction score
On Feb 28th, my buddy and I drove up to Mills, NM to spend a day shooting photography. When we're off on these photograph wanders, I always have the P3P in the truck. Naturally, I decided to fly the canyon.

Other than a couple of "too abrupt" joystick inputs, I'm satisfied with the video.

Last edited:
Hmmmm - was there supposed to be a video ??

Hmmmm - was there supposed to be a video ??
There is. Notice the words - "the video" are in red. That means it's a link.

In this case, to this link on YouTube.

The difference is, this link runs within the forum - the one in the original post - doesn't.:D

I'll edit to make it bold, that might help. Enjoy.

There is. Notice the words - "the video" are in red. That means it's a link.

The difference is, this link runs within the forum - the one in the original post - doesn't.:D

I'll edit to make it bold, that might help. Enjoy.

Thanks - it wasn't red on screen in the original post ;-)

NICE video - wish I could visit the States more often

Come on over. I'll buy coffee at least. I wouldn't mind visiting Denmark again. Eight years in Germany so I made it that way several times.

I might hold you to that :)

I have visited California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah 3 times in the last 2 years - but never made it to New Mexico - I would also love to visit Mexico - but I'm not sure if that is adviseable, when traveling alone (my wife doesn't like flying)

You're always welcome in Denmark :) - you'll see the whole country quickly - no matter where you are in Denmark, you're not more than 3 hours (by car) from the border to Germany, Sweden or Norway :)

Good video. That pine tree at the end had me really nervous though. :D not sure what you were trying to do there.
I was actually trying to get a shot of a small mountain bluebird that I spotted in the first tree on the way to land, then when I got close enough that I might be able to see the little turd, he hopped over to the second, smaller tree. By the time I got around the first tree, where I needed to be to get him at the second tree, my buddy was laughing his *** off because he flew away before I even got past the first tree.

As we were on our way out of the canyon, we spotted a few of them on a fence line and my buddy got some shots that didn't come out that good. Even with good Nikon gear, he couldn't get close enough to them and changing lenses at that point would have taken too long. He looked it up when we got home.

mountain_bluebird2_male.jpg

I could not spot the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj