Military boundaries

Reaction score
Has anyone had any situations with military boundaries? I fly occasionally within the military boundaries out in the country. They own a little over 100 K acres and the majority is rugged terrain. I am about 10 miles from the base and/or airport. This area is open to hunt and fish. I do have permission to be there but have never inquired about flying my drone. Thanks

I'd recommend checking out Hover, the must have app for drone pilots (FYI i'm the co-founder). In our no-fly zone map (provided by AirMap.io) we have a complete list of military bases.

I'd recommend checking out Hover, the must have app for drone pilots (FYI i'm the co-founder). In our no-fly zone map (provided by AirMap.io) we have a complete list of military bases.
Ok thanks, I will do that. All I have seen as a no fly zone is their small airport.

Most government facilities are no fly... Better check it out. No bases, no govt buildings and even no post offices. Even national parks and forestry locations owned by government are no fly. Stay a long way away from submarine bases and destroyer piers. Could loose your craft.

Most government facilities are no fly... Better check it out. No bases, no govt buildings and even no post offices. Even national parks and forestry locations owned by government are no fly. Stay a long way away from submarine bases and destroyer piers. Could loose your craft.
Is there a link or website that list the gov no fly zones? I am 10 + miles from the base or airport. This is land they took away from people during WW2. Actually the area that I fly is 4000 acres that are leased by a business partner which gives unlimited access to anyone doing anything pertaining to work. I guess I could go that route but drones were not available when the lease was issued. Let me ask another dumb question. As small as the P3P is, could it show up on any type of radar?

Hey just down loaded Hover and took a look. It has a lot of detail and shows exactly what I needed. Where I was talking about, Hover shows that I have been flying on the outer boundaries of the no fly. On another app it showed I was no where near the no fly zone so looks like some more research on my part is needed. I plan on using Hover in my travels -- thanks great app.

There is no restrictions as of yet for flying within National Forests. National Parks, National Memorials, and National Monuments are all no fly zones.

Wait for it....

Hey just down loaded Hover and took a look. It has a lot of detail and shows exactly what I needed. Where I was talking about, Hover shows that I have been flying on the outer boundaries of the no fly. On another app it showed I was no where near the no fly zone so looks like some more research on my part is needed. I plan on using Hover in my travels -- thanks great app.

Thanks Skyler! We've been working on some exciting new features :) stay posted!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20