Migrants

I find it ironic that aerial news coverage is one of the most obvious areas where drones are truly transformative and yet news media are leading the charge against drones. Of the entire manned aviation community, news helicopters are the ones most likely to go the way of the Dodo because of the portability, safety at low altitudes of drones. Once the media writ large realizes that they can get superior imagery (because they can get lower and closer without putting numerous lives at risk) on shorter notice with miniscule costs, helicopters will only be good for OJ-style white Bronco car chases, but octocopters* and cameras can be bought for less than the cost of a single helo flight.
*A large drone that can carry a DSLR with a longer lens is better for news since they can stand off a bit from any emergency situation. Small consumer drones have to get too close to get useful imagery in many situations, although something like this exodus any drone with a decent camera will do.

Reactions: davis
I find it ironic that aerial news coverage is one of the most obvious areas where drones are truly transformative and yet news media are leading the charge against drones. Of the entire manned aviation community, news helicopters are the ones most likely to go the way of the Dodo because of the portability, safety at low altitudes of drones. Once the media writ large realizes that they can get superior imagery (because they can get lower and closer without putting numerous lives at risk) on shorter notice with miniscule costs, helicopters will only be good for OJ-style white Bronco car chases, but octocopters* and cameras can be bought for less than the cost of a single helo flight.
*A large drone that can carry a DSLR with a longer lens is better for news since they can stand off a bit from any emergency situation. Small consumer drones have to get too close to get useful imagery in many situations, although something like this exodus any drone with a decent camera will do.

Such is the enigmatic post-modern progressive mind of the media elite. My only guess is they don't want citizens to have access and freedoms to things that they believe they can continue to use themselves.

Reactions: davis
Such is the enigmatic post-modern progressive mind of the media elite. My only guess is they don't want citizens to have access and freedoms to things that they believe they can continue to use themselves.
Add the fact that i see more and more news stations playing video clips from youtube, whether it is really news or just the latest fad.
Guarantee the news media will have access to "no fly" zones in the name of the first amendment and freedom of press.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj