MIGHTY MARYSVILLE IMPLOSION

Reaction score
Check out my video from my drone of the Marysville old DTE plant implosion in Michigan, but filmed from our side the Canadian Side. Just happend today at 8am.

Okay! Now for THE question! How does one go about adding audio input to a Phantom 2 Vision +?

Thats a good question the only problem with filming with drones the audio is all from the props. U would have to use a video program and sync with audio on what u want.

True, but one could configure a noise cancellation that would ignore the blade sound. It is a constant source, and thereby inverting that particular "noise" and applying it to the recorded sound, it would remove it. This is the method used in many audio systems and noise cancelling headsets. So it is not an insurmountable problem. It is a matter of a bit of engineering. Another methodology would be to let the microphone hang a fair bit below the drone, and it would pick up a good bit less of the blade noise, and making it even easier to remove with an inverted recording.

Yes that would work, installing a external mic below the drone would work for sure.

Come on guys. THINK!! Simply mute the audio in post and either add sound FX or music to the clip.

Yep figured that out in my program. Lol. Gonna post another copy later with music.

There's a word for you just learnt and it's called editing.

Yep learn something new everyday, i used to do a lot of video editing ive been out of it so long forgot the basics. Lol

The proper term is learned. "Learnt" is actually a slang version of it, or a regional verbalization of such.
Video editing is an art. Adding a soundtrack with a video one takes some work and the necessary software.

Yep that is what i mean. LOL You are right it is an Art and i am working on it.

while i have your attention, i have been looking for a good video editor in which to add music, which a good one if you know?

I've had very good results with AVS4U's AVS Video Editor. I believe the entire AVS4U software package is about $49 or $59 USD for a lifetime subscription.

I have to go and buy it all again, as my old laptop that it was all licensed to croaked. I'm definitely going to do so!

While I am at this, you never did tell us how you added a microphone to your Phantom! I *really* would like to experiment with this! I would enjoy the experimentation! I may be 65, BUT I still do quite a bit of Electronics building, repairing, modifications and the like. I have moved into this entire surface mount technology, and have the hot air workstation. I've been building some VHF/UHF/SHF, (Super High Frequency), circuits. I've been working my way into Microwave transmitting and receiving. I am an Amateur Radio Operator, and have been active since being licensed in 1980.
So the more I play with, the happier I am!

I just procured the entire AVS4U software package. I only shucked out $39! They have a $20 discount thing going now.

Last edited:
You can find about a dozen different dictionaries. I guess it depends upon where you are in the world, and what dialect of English one uses.
I prefer Webster's, and some of the newer ones that are out there. There is nothing wrong with "learnt", it is a bit of a long time since it was the most accepted word. The more modern version uses "learned". I am not picking on you! Just a gentle ribbing! I prefer to add a "little" bit of humor! Then again, depending where you are, it well may be humour. I've traveled a good bit of the world. So I adapt to where ever it is that I go. I'm perfectly content to say "stubby", "pint", or a "bottle of beer! I only wish I could get the *REAL* Foster's Lager! Haven't had any since I left the South Pacific region and had an aircrew I became good friends with that whenever they passed through, would drop a case off for me.
I'm an Old Senior Sergeant that kind of misses those days and places.

I personally prefer "learnt" even if it's more guttural sounding (this is of course a very important subject) "learned" seems (without going into big words) an everyday "lurn'd" or/against "lur-ned" that has another meaning completely, for exacting general speak it makes sense.

You have 7 years on me so I will bower to a greater wisdom on this :)

TheDroid,
Where are you tying in the microphone?
Then what specific type is it? I.E., Crystal, Electret, dynamic or other type?

I would really like to experiment with adding audio to the video! There are a lot of possibilities in this. It would be an interesting foray into new elements to the Drone operation and improve on simple mute video!

Regards, BSquared

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj