Microprocessor on OFDM RX?

Reaction score
I've been looking at the P3's main PCB, there seem to be several varieties. One with RC receiver integrated and one (adv/pro I think) with an external OFDM receiver. I bagged some samples from EBay but I didn't get an OFDM receivers :(

If anyone has a P3 adv/pro OFDM RX handy could you tell me the part number of the MCU (it's next to the camera connector I think)? I'm guessing Nuvoton M051 or similar

If you can manage the RF IC too that would be awesome (it is probably under a metal shield)

Last edited:
I've been looking at the P3's main PCB, there seem to be several varieties. One with RC receiver integrated and one (adv/pro I think) with an external OFDM receiver. I bagged some samples from EBay but I didn't get an OFDM receivers :(

If anyone has a P3 adv/pro OFDM RX handy could you tell me the part number of the MCU (it's next to the camera connector I think)? I'm guessing Nuvoton M051 or similar

If you can manage the RF IC too that would be awesome (it is probably under a metal shield)
Are you able to say what you plan to do with this information. I'm curious, from what you have ascertained are you seeing proprietary architecture and true innovation or is this clever packaging of existing/ bought in 3rd party technology.

I'm looking at a couple of "service" firmwares that ppl are using to unbrick / downgrade, gs_ofdm.bin and MVOM0fw.bin

gs_ofdm.bin - Aimed at LPC17xx microcontroller (same family as Naza M & P2V+ FCs)

MVOM0fw.bin - Aimed at Nuvoton M051 microcontroller

The Nuvoton code is erasing a sector of flash that contains at least one version number and possibly more. It may do other things

The LPC17xx has yielded the CRC 'seed' that we would need to communicate with the FC (and the P3S gimbal micro)

Are you able to say what you plan to do with this information.

Check out my Hackaday blog :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.