Micro sd

Reaction score
I want to test my 64 micro sd card any way i can do this, dont want to go on my holiday and find there is not enough space.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Like garykeithmead1 said, too many variables. But I have 32Gb card and 3 batteries. I record video from takeoff to landing on each battery, set at 1080p 30fps (i think) in MP4 format, and can record 2 full sessions (6 batteries to about 30-35%) and still have about 10-15 Gb space on my sd card.
Recording at 2.7 or 4K will obviously use up more space considerably.

I want to test my 64 micro sd card any way i can do this, dont want to go on my holiday and find there is not enough space.

Just in case we all misinterpreted the question....

Micro SD cards are very small and should not take up much room at all. :)

Yup, as mentioned... the question is _way_ to vague. A simple Google search will list how much video space is used based on the resolution of video taken.

Reactions: PJHoward
10GB should be more space than you need for 20 mins of 4K video.
But are you planning to keep your whole holiday's video on just one card?
It would make a lot more sense to copy to your computer rather than risking the lot every time you fly.
Or better still use a few of 16GB cards and swap every flight.

Using multiple cards is a safer way to store hours of holiday images, either stills, or video. I always carry a few extra 32GB cards, rather than 64GB cards, as there is less chance of losing too much data if a card problem arrises.

However, I also use a small portable hard drive with an SD card slot, as well as USB slots which can backup / empty an SD card in the field if required. The RAV-Power is a relatively inexpensive one at about £35 and can also be wireless connected to a smartphone, laptop, or home PC for post work. It will also charge your phone if it runs short on juice. I use a 2TB Western Digital version, but that costs a great deal more.:rolleyes:

RAV-Power.jpg

RAVPower 5-in-1 NAS FileHub with 3000mAh Internal Battery Charger (NAS, Power Bank, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Media Sharing, SD Card Reader) - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
Thanks guys, sorry if i was a bit vague, i bought the 64 to carry vid footage over a two week period, as i will not be taking any computer or the like, i take the point about more sd's in case any error occurs,
When i said test i didnt know if there was a way to see if the card stood up to claimed 64 space, i read somewhere someone tested theres but i cant find it now,
By the comments i will get a couple more smaller cards.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub