Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Micro SD card holder can't hold ii anymore..

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by la_panza, Aug 31, 2014.

1. la_panza

Hello, I was expecting this to happen sooner or later, I even posted a message here some mounths ago...
    after a number of "click in - click out" of the MicroSD card, now the spring system of the holder broke, and I had to use a drop of glue to keep the card in..
    I'll leave it there and use USB to download footage .. not too bad, I Just wanted to advise that the card holding mechanism is not undestructible... as I feared...

2. 4wd

4wd

You can get a "micro sd extension cable" which would reduce wear and tear - or glue that in place if it was already worn. ;)
    The ones I looked at seem a bit long and you could imagine some unexpected complication from it not seeing a 'correct' card.

3. AZWayfinding

I took two wire zip ties and zip tied it into place. True I must now download using a USB cable but I don't have that problem anymore. - Jeff

4. crash1sttime

I had one like this, a magnifying glassand some sweat and i was able to wiggle the metal bit back into place, then it went again so i gave up and replaced the board.