Micro SD Card Buying Question

Reaction score
I want to get a Class 10 Micro SD Card. I understand that Class 10 is what you want for HD video and speed.

My question is, putting storage capacity aside for the moment,is there a difference in speed/quality between a 16G card and a 32G Class 10 card? Is there a threshold in size where the speed and/or quality degrade?

Not really sure if there' much of a difference, or if so, just how much. Imagine it's negligible in the scheme of things.
(it's not like these cards are continually used like computer hard drives on a daily basis).

But not all Class 10's are the same, if you're looking for one for a GoPro, it's very important to consider only buying the specific model numbers that GoPro recommends.

Gizmo3000 said:
Not really sure if there' much of a difference, or if so, just how much. Imagine it's negligible in the scheme of things.
(it's not like these cards are continually used like computer hard drives on a daily basis).

But not all Class 10's are the same, if you're looking for one for a GoPro, it's very important to consider only buying the specific model numbers that GoPro recommends.

I'm buying for the P2V+

If both of the cards are class 10, there should be no difference in speed.

Not true. Class 10 means min of 10MB/s transfer rate. There are plenty of class 10 cards with 50+MB/s and some that will only do 10.
Not sure about the DJI camera but the gopro using max everything needs one that can do 40MB/s. Mind you thats at resolutions higher than 1080p with protune etc all turned on.

So at a guess the vision+ would probably be ok with 10-20MB/s

The size - 16/32GB wont affect the speed of the same card.

Thank you!

MrC said:
Not true. Class 10 means min of 10MB/s transfer rate. There are plenty of class 10 cards with 50+MB/s and some that will only do 10.
Not sure about the DJI camera but the gopro using max everything needs one that can do 40MB/s. Mind you thats at resolutions higher than 1080p with protune etc all turned on.

Huh?

Are we really having this conversation? Just go buy the most expensive card. BH has sales all the time. They are all pretty much great quality and high speed. 32 GB is overkill for the PTV anyway, unless you are shooting 4k with a GP

Prylar Bek said:
Are we really having this conversation? Just go buy the most expensive card. BH has sales all the time. They are all pretty much great quality and high speed. 32 GB is overkill for the PTV anyway, unless you are shooting 4k with a GP

I agree.

Sandisk is recommended, but at the local Megstore Samsung was half the price, same speed, so I got that.
It was a quick purchase because my older Sandisk 16GB began to copy files very slowly so probably near death.
If your card ever does weird things, better get a new one rather than lose footage.

MrC said:

I meant, but failed to say that using high quality and from the same manufacturer, that different memory capacities, should only be that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl