MIA / FOUND !

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Wed's morning I decided to try a long run as it was a little cool and very little wind . I go to my spot that I do them at and everything seems right ..blinking light in tracker check HL from out about 100' and she came back to me so off I go .
Got out over 7000' and start to lose FPV which I have hit over 8000' there so I took screenshot and put it in HL and started back but never got FPV back which was strange .
I HLed back at the same time as descending slowly with the wind at her back I thought all was cool as it has always been .
I decided to put it in RTH and see if I could get app back to working and could not .
Never panicked but just waited till I knew it was not good :shock:
Tried calling tracker but it never text me back .
Not sure what happened but when it hit the ground it ether knocked the tracker battery out or went down in water. I used the Find my Phantom feature and that's where the dot on map is which is a few hundred yards behind the farmers house in a wide open field . So that's where I lost contact .
I have been for the last 3 days over every part of that line and no bird :cry:
I hate it as I have put in a lot of time modding this one and was just very fond of it . I have bounced it ,lost it and then found it and had it changed into a V3 but am glad I hadn't put the RPG on it yet !!
Called and tried to find a P2V V3 and they just don't exist . Can add all the stuff to make one though and am already getting prices as I plan on having another one real soon !
This one might turn up from one of the farmers finding it and calling but just not real sure just what the hell happened .
I did know flying like this at long ranges at some time this could happen but it just make me sick !
They screenshot is right when FPV was starting to cut in and out and looking at the battery % I did have enough to get back as this was not my first trip there .

Attachments

• last run.jpg
    last run.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 992
  • IMG_0564.PNG
    IMG_0564.PNG
    487 KB · Views: 993
Reactions: valveman
Re: MIA

**** mate im really sorry to hear this, its a worry for me and i only get 1000ft away at most, but over 7000ft !! wow, lets hope someone finds it and calls you up.

When you called the tracker did it ring and then hang up like it should, or was it just the usual number not available ?

Reactions: dirkclod

Sometimes at the start it would ring but now just straight to the message .
I will have the same tracker on the next one but I might secure the battery side so it won't pop open .
I usually always call it to make sure it's working before I take off and really not sure why I didn't this time but it ether busted open or in water I'm sure .
I have had mine fall from hitting tree's 50' of the ground and never bother it but I was just alittle higher this time .

It has to be the worst thing that can happen without any doubt.
Sure hope you find some luck and it appears on your next search.

Sorry for your loss. :(

I used to use a TK-102B but then I found the PocketFinder. It is water proof, live tracking, phone app, etc.

img-1232442607-9.jpg

I am using that until my new Pod tracker arrives,(also waterproof), which is even smaller with the same features. It also has an extra battery included so one can be charging while one is in use.

20140928054301-Pod-Animation.gif

Not over yet and got 1 more spot to check it might be in but it's some really thick stuff :roll: It's not in any of those fields so if it did in fact come back as it was suppose to it's there ..just hiding :evil:
I will survive to fly again :D maybe not that one though :cry:

LuvMyTJ said:
Sorry for your loss. :(

I used to use a TK-102B but then I found the PocketFinder. It is water proof, live tracking, phone app, etc.

img-1232442607-9.jpg

I am using that until my new Pod tracker arrives,(also waterproof), which is even smaller with the same features. It also has an extra battery included so one can be charging while one is in use.

20140928054301-Pod-Animation.gif
If I went into auto land 3 or4 hundred feet up that thing dropped like a rock and might be what messed mine up I dono . Am interested in the one you are waiting on to see just how good it works when way off . Not really worried if it's waterproof but will it pick up signal underwater .

It works by connecting to cell towers so as long as there is basic cell service it will work. I imagine deep water would not allow a connection.

In case a water landing should occur I have equipped it with a Getterback.
A water activated bobber pops up on the surface for easier salvage retrieval.

81fSLrGsNTL._SY355_.jpg

I use one of those and have saved me a bunch of high-end rod's ! The water where them woods are isn't very deep but in places . Mostly Beaver runs .

Oh crap, sorry you lost your baby Dirk. With luck you will get it back.

I do wonder though that we are modding/adding too many things to the Vision. Maybe DJI are right in that most things arent compatible with it even though they work.

Cyclone said:
Maybe DJI are right in that most things arent compatible with it even though they work.

Isnt that a contradiction in terms, how can DJi be right, if they are wrong ? :?

Crap, Dirk... Really sorry to hear this. I hope some irate farmer calls, gives you hell for spying on his teenage daughter, and returns your bird intact...

Seriously... I hope you find it, man... I know how I'd feel if I lost mine...

-slinger

:eek:
Sorry to hear this, Dirk.

Good luck finding her!

:lol: Wish their was more farmers out there that would do that but theres only 2 and that's why I fly there . I might have pissed off a beaver or 2 But just farm land . Gonna go again this morning and look in 1 last thicket I haven't been in as I have walked that whole line :roll: Why it couldn't have landed on one of those fields I don't know :evil:
Thanks guys !

AAH Dirk. I know you were proud of that little bird. It gave you a lot of enjoyment. So sorry. When these birds come down on their own they do like to hide. Watched mine early land in the brush about 100yds. away once. Knew exactly where it was. I just couldn't see it for about 10 minutes but there it was hanging in a bush. Keep looking and do a grid search. Even the smallest patch of grass can hide these things. Good luck.

That sucks. Good luck today.

gunslinger said:
Crap, Dirk... Really sorry to hear this. I hope some irate farmer calls, gives you hell for spying on his teenage daughter, and returns your bird intact...

Seriously... I hope you find it, man... I know how I'd feel if I lost mine...

-slinger

I hope some irate farmer calls, gives you hell for spying on his bird, and gives you his teenage daughter.

It is too bad there are not more of us around so when this happens, someone close can come and do a fly search. It is sure something to do when you get the next one up in the air. IF this one is not found.
My loss of a cheap, small one does not even begin to compare to a P2V going away, but I have a slight feeling of how bad it is.
Good luck in the search.

Dirk's next post will be interesting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers