Metal roof

Reaction score
I will be flying up at my cabin, and was wondering how close to close is to a metal roof? My yard is 1/2 acre cleared and the rest is trees,there for I have to take off close to the cabin then get altitude above the trees.Would appreciate some input, thanks

One of my take off areas is roughly 5 mtrs from my steel framed/clad house and I have no issues. I try and keep (no closer than 2 mtrs) clear of the house when returning from a trip as I have a similar problem to yours with having to negotiate the forest canopy to find clear sky. I've had a number of predictable compass errors pop up if I venture any closer.

I've had some issues getting close to metal structures with compass errors, just keep a safe distance, as mentioned above 5 meters or more should do it.

I will be flying up at my cabin, and was wondering how close to close is to a metal roof? My yard is 1/2 acre cleared and the rest is trees,there for I have to take off close to the cabin then get altitude above the trees.Would appreciate some input, thanks
You can test for yourself if the roof is away from trees etc.
Slowly lower the Phantom down towards the steel roof.
You will notice the Phantom start to slowly spiral and it's position holding will be a little wobbly as you get closer (probably about 4-5 feet above the steel.
You can instantly stop the effect by climbing a little higher.
Try it and get a feel for how it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31