Metal Props

Reaction score
Any one have a line on metal replacement props? Something that would cut through taller grass on landing?

Any one have a line on metal replacement props? Something that would cut through taller grass on landing?
Can I just suggest a landing board,,,I use one also stops any pressure on Gimble when landing or take off,,,,:)got a say the lawnmower blades was a good one...

Reactions: Ty Alderdice
Metal props - not a good idea at all.

As another says - get a landing pad .... I have a piece of carpet cut to fit in my bag on top of the gear before closing it.

Not only does it provide a clean clear pad to takeoff and land from, but also teaches you to control better firblanding on a small area.

Pal of mine has a rolled up rubber car mat.

Nigel

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

darwin.png

A) The motors aren't made for that type of strain (neither are the arms etc)
B) The software is designed to detect excessive resistance and issue warnings and shut the motors down
C) I seriously hope this is just a joke as it is a horrible idea and will not end well

Here's a good solution if you don't have the ability to make something
Here's Why You Need a Glowing Drone Launch Pad - Hoodman HDLP | cinema5D

With VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, the AMA Safety Code '2(g)' forbids their use.

So, long story short - there are none. I find it hilarious the number of folks that needed play the pedant or internet judge. LOL - I know how to land and hand catch, I have a carpet segment I use for pad. I still think it would be cool and interesting to try metal props. Gasp and clutch your purses as you will :)

if that many people think it's not a good idea and ill placed.... perhaps they are all wrong and you alone are correct.
LOL - I didn't ask for their opinion, I only asked if there was a source. I'm not saying what I'm doing is right or wrong - it is the overweening need of the most of the thread to provide their own sanctimonious input.

So, long story short - there are none. I find it hilarious the number of folks that needed play the pedant or internet judge. LOL - I know how to land and hand catch, I have a carpet segment I use for pad. I still think it would be cool and interesting to try metal props. Gasp and clutch your purses as you will :)

When you come to an Internet Forum and asks questions more often then not you're going to get responses that are created with judgement and concern. That's simply how it goes and when you ask you should be well prepared for the various answers even when it's a ridiculous idea in the first place.

By far tcope has given the best response yet LOL.

Reactions: N017RW
Ha, I'd have voted for nwcove's lawnmower blade link :)
14944487228591774739198.jpg you could use some alloy tape but I did this couple years back on cheap drone,,,,worked beautifully till blades flexed and held bent shape which caused good crash,,,:eek:,,won't try that again,,,,,,,,,you might need a helicopter by the sound of it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj