Metal Propeller Mounts for Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've found these Metal propeller mounts for the Phantom 4, which replace the stock plastic ones. I'm not sure how good they work but straight fron the get-go just from reading the title and looking at the pics, these definitely look to be a worthy purchase, don't you think so?

Infinity Hobby <<< Metal Propeller Mounts for P4

I've read around a few forums including this one about the plastic propeller mounts developing cracks and wearing out overtime which would then potentially cause a propeller to come loose during flight, and I don't know about you guys, but I'd hate to see that happen with my own drone once I have it. Such a huge amount of money gone in an instant.

I've ordered my own Phantom 4 drone a couple of days ago and currently awaiting it's arrival sometime during this week or the next. I've ordered a set of these for some quality reassurance. Can't wait to try them out.

Will give them a go and report back here once I've had a thorough testing session with them.

If anyone's used these, do they work nicely with the plastic propellers?

Hi guys.

I've found these Metal propeller mounts for the Phantom 4, which replace the stock plastic ones. I'm not sure how good they work but straight fron the get-go just from reading the title and looking at the pics, these definitely look to be a worthy purchase, don't you
Interesting

I've read around a few forums including this one about the plastic propeller mounts developing cracks and wearing out overtime which would then potentially cause a propeller to come loose during flight, and I don't know about you guys, but I'd hate to see that happen with my own drone once I have it. Such a huge amount of money gone in an instant.

I've ordered my own Phantom 4 drone a couple of days ago and currently awaiting it's arrival sometime during this week or the next. I've ordered a set of these for some quality reassurance. Can't wait to try them out.

Will give them a go and report back here once I've had a thorough testing session with them.

Interesting, I'll be watching this thread.

Placed an order too. Not sure if it's an upgrade to the plastic mounts but curious nonetheless. I will post when I have them on the P4.
I am away from the P4 for a few days anyone knows the weight of the plastic mounts?

Reactions: DingleBerry
Placed an order too. Not sure if it's an upgrade to the plastic mounts but curious nonetheless. I will post when I have them on the P4.
I am away from the P4 for a few days anyone knows the weight of the plastic mounts?

Nice. These things are what they are. Practically the same shape and size as the original plastic ones, except that these ones are made of tough aluminium alloy metal weighing in at 1.22 grams a piece. I can't see any reason on why any P4 owner wouldn't want to have a set of these installed on their drone. Having these installed will essentially safeguard their huge investment as they're far stronger and not able to break or crack during flight at all. The original plastic ones are known to develop cracks or even have tiny parts snap off entirely even during mid-flight because of heat from the motors, which is very worrying to even think of happening.

Only the propellers will probably need to be replaced overtime, as normal.

Just my 2 cents... I've been in the RC world a long time. People are always making aftermarket aluminum stuff. Most of the time, it never works as expected. Screws don't fit perfectly, things are slightly off blah blah. With something that can fly 1600 feet in the air, and completely out of sight, if it is part of the mechanical operation of the drone and doesn't say DJI on it, its not going on my drone. Your mileage may vary!

Hmmm....these metal prop locking brackets sure look pretty stout. The plastic ones have worried me from day one of my P4 ownership so I really look these plastics over before blast off.

-Heat Sink-
One would also think the aftermarket metal prop bits would act as great heat sink whereas the stock parts act as an insulator. Having messed around with airplanes for many years (I've built three), I know first hand the "Law of Unintended Consequences" and "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions." One unintended consequence might be the transfer motor heat directly into the prop plastic which would otherwise be somewhat insulated from the motor by the stock plastic part. If I were to use these, job one would be to use fresh Loctite when installing the screws. Job two would be to closely examine the props after each flight to look for abnormalities or deformations in the locking bits of the plastic prop itself.

All that being said, I'm getting a set on order!

Any part not OEM DJI voids your warranty. I have over 2,000,000 feet with no problems with the plastic ones. AdvRider has a good point on heat transfer, aluminium is a very good heat transfer medium, I also would not want to over heat my prop hubs. OEM are about 6 bucks for a full set, I preflight them every time and they barely show any wear so far, I need a flash light and a magnifying glass to check them, that's how little wear they have. I have my spare set and plan to change them as needed or every year, witch ever comes first.

I have looked at these online but also have reservations. They are undoubtedly cast, and there is always a potential for porosity or for an invisible flaw under the surface. Plus, there would be no inherent flexibility that we get with plastic, perhaps making them more vulnerable to snapping, rather than flexing. I like the idea of changing the mounts with new dji parts annually.

You'd be crazy to install these on your P4. They decrease performance, reliability and void your warranty.

I seen these posted on FB a month ago or so....... The guy was all jazzed about them, ect ect. He received them and not three days later he's posting a flight log of his P4 spinning out of control due to a lost prop.

Reactions: Bckmstr and mdh2861
Hi guys.

I've found these Metal propeller mounts for the Phantom 4, which replace the stock plastic ones. I'm not sure how good they work but straight fron the get-go just from reading the title and looking at the pics, these definitely look to be a worthy purchase, don't you think so?

Man I am all for replacing plastic...looks good go for it. I have lost an engine before and it comes down quick, fortunately I was only 6' off the ground replaced engine and ESC on the P2V+ and was back flying again.

People, do you not think that dji would not have thought of using a metal alloy instead of plastic, if it was better? And no, please don't say "they use plastic to save money"

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

On my opinion, most important would be focusing on dealing with metal spring fatigue which put P4 at risk. Are these mounts contributing to resolve the problem??

Also plastic might play a role to absorb vibrations and eventually act as fuse.

Note in the vid screws are inserted back without locticte. I would clean them and apply little of blue one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy and apex1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic