Metal arm ends .... I will swap from my Std to my Pro - when it returns

Reaction score
Quick question ... I have reason to believe that the Pro uses different motors to the Std ?

The motor screws for Std are quite long and I know do protrude into the motor from the motors base plate....

As I do not have the Pro here - still in DJI workshop in Netherlands - I want to be sure that those screws are not too long for the Pro ...

Anyone know ?

Nigel

Quick question ... I have reason to believe that the Pro uses different motors to the Std ?

The motor screws for Std are quite long and I know do protrude into the motor from the motors base plate....

As I do not have the Pro here - still in DJI workshop in Netherlands - I want to be sure that those screws are not too long for the Pro ...

Anyone know ?

Nigel
As far as I know, all the motors fitted to the Standard, Advanced and Pro P3s were the same....

HOWEVER, there are 2 variants of the motors, 2312, which was the earlier version, and the 2312A, which is the later version.

There is little difference in performance/flight time between the two versions when flying and the later version might have been part of DJI's attempt to solve the arm cracking problem on P3s. The two versions of the motors are not interchangeable anyway, unless you also change the main circuit board (containing the ESCs). The plastic motor mountings in the arms are also slightly different for each version.

I don't know if the different versions have differing length screws - but as the two motor versions are not interchangeable anyway, the question of whether they have or not is superfluous.

DJI Phantom 3 Brushless Motor 2312 960KV CW Rotation Advanced Professional

DJI Phantom 3 Part #94 2312A Motor(CCW) new version -US Dealer

(Later) The Standard shell is different from the Adv/Pro shell, so maybe that could explain any difference in screw length. However, all P3's, as I have said above, are fitted with either the 2312 or the 2312A motors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
If I recall correctly, when the P3S was introduced in about Q3 of 2015, it was released with the new motors so it actually never did have the original old motors. The P3A/P3P were released in about Q2 of 2015 with the original older motors but production switched to the newer motors shortly after the P3S was released. At that time, all three models were then produced with the same newer motors.

Anyone please correct me if I have that wrong. :)

So to answer your question, if you have the same motors on your P3S as your P3P will depend on which version of the motors you have on your P3P - old or new. Also as @Steve7777 noted, I don't know if the screw length changed when the motors were updated.

One thing for sure is that we have seen too many people ruin their motors by using screws which were too long and went into the motor windings. Most of the time it's when they removed prop guards and then reinsert the longer screws. As such, I would use an abundance of caution when installing any motor / screw.

Reactions: Steve7777
If I recall correctly, when the P3S was introduced in about Q3 of 2015, it was released with the new motors so it actually never did have the original old motors. The P3A/P3P were released in about Q2 of 2015 with the original older motors but production switched to the newer motors shortly after the P3S was released. At that time, all three models were then produced with the same newer motors.

Anyone please correct me if I have that wrong. :)

So to answer your question, if you have the same motors on your P3S as your P3P will depend on which version of the motors you have on your P3P - old or new. Also as @Steve7777 noted, I don't know if the screw length changed when the motors were updated.

One thing for sure is that we have seen too many people ruin their motors by using screws which were too long and went into the motor windings. Most of the time it's when they removed prop guards and then reinsert the longer screws. As such, I would use an abundance of caution when installing any motor / screw.
I'll certainly bow to your knowledge about whether the P3S was ever fitted with 2312 motors @Oso as I just don't know.

I don't think that you can actually feel the screw 'slicing' through the windings if it is a bit too long... At least quite a few here haven't in the past, it seems! :(

Yes, please go with caution....

@solentlife Do you perhaps have any photos or video of the drone to help you identify which motors you have on your Pro?

Nope ... I'll find out when and if it returns !!

Cheers
Nigel

Decided to buy new ones in the end ... so when Pro gets back from Repair shop ... will fit them before the dreaded cracks appear.

My old P3S will keep her plates as she will be stripped and rebuilt with DIY Flight Controller and various to create a proper FPV machine. No limits ... own battery packs etc.

Nigel

If I recall correctly, when the P3S was introduced in about Q3 of 2015, it was released with the new motors so it actually never did have the original old motors.
That's correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik