Messed up my stock filter...don't do this!!

Reaction score
So...I wanted to calibrate my gimbal with my cp lens and the stock one seemed stuck. Hmmmm....I usually never put it back on that tight...it is fairly new though and I was just testing lenses last night? So...I was persistant and googled some suggestions for people...one was use a wrench..gently...so...everything I tried failed and it seemed like it was glued. Arrrghhhh...I have only had this new one since Friday and now I managed to gouge the filter a bit even after using a cloth!! I read about rubber bands...rubber everything...nothing worked. Thought more...hmmm...was quite cool last time I put lens on...kinda warm in here now...let.it sit in my garage for 10 to 15 minutes while seeing if Best Buy had another P4...went out to try it again...and behold...it came off with just my fingers...REALLY!! BUT THEN THE GLASS POPPED OUT and it seemed that some threads were not right...I am screaming inside :-( So the moral of the story is don't follow instructions of others..be patient....cool down the gimbal and it may become unstuck! Should of used a different type of metal...I will pit a tiny bit of silicon on my new one!! I hope I can get another non squeaky one now!!

That sucks man, sorry for your trouble. Both my stock P3 and P4 lens covers came off easily using the rubber band trick.. Sounds like DJI manufacturing inconsistencies strikes again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

A month ago I had a real job undoing filter.
Rubber gloves, rubber bands, etc etc. Nothing worked.

I then put to 2 very very small drops of anti seize liquid with a pin onto the gap where the thread is.
Left it 20 mins & hay presto. Can off first turn.

Mu lens cover was extremely loose from the factory and was making a clicking sound on the warm up. Glad I checked it.

That sucks man, sorry for your trouble. Both my stock P3 and P4 lens covers came off easily using the rubber band trick.. Sounds like DJI manufacturing inconsistencies strikes again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

While I haven't experienced any major issues with mine, I'm starting to think that the P4 is typical Chinese made gadgetry in a fancy package.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik