Message to the makers of Litchi. (free trial request)

Reaction score
I, like many others, are very interested in Litchi for my Phantom 3. The only problem is is that $25.00 for an app, any app, is extremely steep just to jump right into without 100% knowing if you are going to like it or not. I propose this. Why not offer a Litchi trial version, absolutely free, that works on a single device for, let's say, 72 hours? Then after the 72 hours, the program would lock and require payment to unlock. Also, it would remember the device's ESN, so that people couldn't just do the free trial over and over. I guarantee you would sell a LOT more if people weren't scared to buy it, fearing that they won't like it.

Think of it like this. Ever been to Costco? The nice little old ladies at the ends of the aisles giving out FREE mini tacos, 4 ounce cups of French vanilla coffee and tiny little scoops of Ice cream? What almost always happens once you try it? Yup. It goes in your cart.

They do give you a short time (during which there is a 'refund' button on the purchase page) to ensure compatibility with your device and such, but beyond that and even though free trials are nice a few days is not really enough time to explore Litchi or any of the similar applications. Litchi has probably the easiest learning curve of them all but still it takes some time to become proficient enough to properly evaluate the product. There are a huge numbers of very satisfied users and I think you'll find 25 bucks is a great deal.

Reactions: Matts175
They do give you a short time (during which there is a 'refund' button on the purchase page) to ensure compatibility with your device and such,

Awesome. I didn't know that. I'm a lot more confident to buy it now. I sure wish it wasn't raining out. I buy it and test it right now.

Just bought it. And I do see the refund button. Now if it would only get nice outside.................................

Just bought it. And I do see the refund button. Now if it would only get nice outside.................................
Fyi the refund button won't be there very long, it is just to verify device compatibility.

Fyi the refund button won't be there very long, it is just to verify device compatibility.

Actually... you get 48 hours. I just got a refund. Only took 10 minutes. Litchi ran like crap on my tablet. It finally cleared up enough for me to go outside and fly and it kept freezing up and crashing. Losing video feed all together. Auto record not stopping. Saying that there was no video signal and then return to home was "go home and slam down on the concrete". It was a disaster. Look at this flight log. It says poor signal the whole time, but it wasn't (that's the purple line. purple=poor signal in healthydrones). I switched back to DJI GO 2.9.1 and I'm having none of these problems.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 633
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    893.1 KB · Views: 550
Actually... you get 48 hours.
I sure didn't. I didn't time it or anything but in my case the refund button was there more like a few hours than a few days. I don't know what determines the interval.

As to why your experience was so poor, can't say there either, but that's why the refund period exists I guess.

Reactions: Matts175
I don't think at 30 bucks, this program needs a free intro program, aside from a few here that had crashes due to improper mission settings (altitude) , the program is effective and a good value...,just my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31