Message Not a DJI Smart Battery

Reaction score
Some time ago when the upgrade first came out I upgraded my firmware and did not have any issues. Today - I had my first hard landing ever, luckily nothing broken but a blade and my ego. The P2 started to fly away and I did a hard command to drop throttle and I am glad it responded after a couple of attempts to "land". Since then I can not get the PT2 software to recognize the battery. When I hook it up it provides an error message saying "tis is not a DJI SMartBattery"....well it is, I have three of them that hardly have 4 cycles each on them.

I have tried to reload the firmware and no luck.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks for your help.

So I just finished some research on the web and the issue is clear now. Everything software/firmware is fine. Turns out that the hard landing was harder than I thought and the connector at the bottom of the battery plug where there are two pins...the connector for it on the main circuit board popped off. Now to find out if it can be fixed or a new circuit board. Will have to get that checked out.

I had the same problen... I had a fix and it worked really well.... Here in South Africa we have a product called Q Bond... as my part that hold the 2 pins broke off and I didnt want to replace the entire board at a cost, I used Q Bond to fix it. Its a powder that u carefully place on the part you want to "weld" together and you then add a drop of cyonacrolate glue... It bonds in 2 seconds and the powder goes rock hard. I built up a small bit around the broken part and then used a small metal file to get it just right to fit... I could always end you a small amount in bottle - its super cheap - less than a Dollar a bottle. Just use your own glue...

:) will never break again

Crazykaktus: I will look for the bonding powder. I already had to replace the main board once so this sounds like a great option. Thanks for the response

No need to spend on special hardeners for these glues: ordinary baking soda sprinkled onto the setting glue will cause it to harden immediately. You can use this to build up stronger fillets, and you can sand or file it.

This is recommended by the makers of the best of these glues - (Afixit) - sorry, I meant Hafix

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj