MEMPHIS TN

Reaction score
Im new to this and was curious if anyone was in the Memphis area with some experience with these things...

Glad to hear of your new arrival, not many P3's in this area. I have P3P and am always looking for good new places to fly. Are you new to flying quads?

Hi Bill, I am a new owner of a P3 Advanced. Still getting used to the hand-eye coordination, but enjoying the product. I have an older Parrot drone, but the P3 is a definite upgrade. Do you have any good flying locations you'd share?
Don

Hey Don,

I have flown at Shelby Farms (my first 2 miler), Martyr's Park on the river, Bartlett Park and around my house, some down in the Miss. Delta, on a trip to Branson, MO. Nothing very exciting, mainly testing some beta apps for developers. Where do you live and fly?

Bill

We live near Audubon Park, but my flying so far has been in the back yard. Too many trees there for any good testing. I work for Navy at Millington and want to find out if I can fly on base since there's lots of open space.

It is probably a "no fly zone", (airport) the app will not even let you operate your P3A since there are flights in the area.

We live near Audubon Park, but my flying so far has been in the back yard. Too many trees there for any good testing. I work for Navy at Millington and want to find out if I can fly on base since there's lots of open space.
there is a 5 mile radius around airports.

I just got my Phantom 3 and have not had good enough weather to take its first flight. Hopefully tomorrow. I am near Memphis.

David

Skytel, do you fly much on Mud Island, would like to meet you there and fly. With the river being up, bet it's interesting.

Hello all. I'm in the Germantown area. Had a good time filming some friends on the Wolf River yesterday. Sure will look a lot better come spring.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: shuggins38
You got to be a delta state alum. Fighting okra.

Desoto county here. Just got my P3A. Haven't ventured out of beginner mode yet!
You betcha I'm a DSU grad from Memphis. P3P here an love flying, been doing it for about 9 months. I usually calibrate in DJI Go and fly automiously in PFV Camera. It's a great app and gives you freedom to really create some wonderful missions. Any questions, please feel to contact me and I'll try to help.

Thanks, Bill. The P3s are fantastically awesome technological devices. Can't wait until I can fully utilize its capabilities.

Any places you recommend to fly near downtown? Have a few buddies at work that are anxious to see it in action. Will make for a fun lunch hour or two!

You might try Maryters Park on the river bluff by Channel 3, fun flying out over the river by thr 3 old bridges. Just be careful when flying with friends watching, sometimes we have a tendency to over perform the bird and make careless decisions. Most crashes happens we we are trying to entertain others. Happy flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4