Memory on phantom 4 and on iPod

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here. Had p4 since Wednesday fling since Thursday. Was recording a clip of my son on a tractor yesterday and it stopped recording and said it is out of memory. Question is, is it the memory on the card on the p4 or the space on the iPod that I am using? If on the card can I delete old stuff that is now on th iPod? Thanks alll. Been fun so far. No crashes yet

I'm a newbie here. Had p4 since Wednesday fling since Thursday. Was recording a clip of my son on a tractor yesterday and it stopped recording and said it is out of memory. Question is, is it the memory on the card on the p4 or the space on the iPod that I am using? If on the card can I delete old stuff that is now on th iPod? Thanks alll. Been fun so far. No crashes yet
I've never seen that message so can't be certain but if you have been leaving everything on the SD card, that could be the reason.
It's easy enough to check the card to see if it's full or not and that would answer your question.
Once you have copied your images or video from the SD card, there's no reason to leave them on the card.

Your saying I Pod... Not I pad..right?. When I was using my I pod to film Line Control planes it would stop recording also because of lack of storage..too much apps, photos, etc
You could wipe (factory reset) that I Pod erasing everything on it like when purchased new.. giving you more space..

Ok people. I went and deleted a bunch of apps and made three times the space. It was going to my iPad mini. Not iPod. Got the iPad mini from my sone so I don't know what all these things are called. That is why I call the iThings. Haha. Made room and it recorded a new flight today. I will have to send them to my pc to make room on my iPad. Any suggestions on where to store pic/videos from iPad ?

Good job....I things.. I like that too..

Ok people. I went and deleted a bunch of apps and made three times the space. It was going to my iPad mini. Not iPod. Got the iPad mini from my sone so I don't know what all these things are called. That is why I call the iThings. Haha. Made room and it recorded a new flight today. I will have to send them to my pc to make room on my iPad. Any suggestions on where to store pic/videos from iPad ?
If you are referring to the videos/pics from your phantom, they are usually low resolution and only a guide to what you have been doing. I download the higher quality images from the microSD card on the drone to my PC and delete the images on my iPhone. They take up valuable space and there is no need to keep them unless you want to show a friend whilst out flying.

If you are referring to the videos/pics from your phantom, they are usually low resolution and only a guide to what you have been doing. I download the higher quality images from the microSD card on the drone to my PC and delete the images on my iPhone. They take up valuable space and there is no need to keep them unless you want to show a friend whilst out flying.
Do we need an adapter to change the sd card to a card that can be read on the pc?

Do we need an adapter to change the sd card to a card that can be read on the pc?
You can either plug the drone into the PC direct with the cable that should have been supplied with the drone or purchase one of many card readers out there, remove the card from the drone, pop it into the card reader and plug it directly into your PC. The latter is the faster way to go.
Here is a link to some options for you courtesy of @msinger:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I took the card out of the p4 and put it on the pc. Recorded everything and watched the recorded ones. Great view. Went to delete off of ad and it wouldn't let me. How do I?

I took the card out of the p4 and put it on the pc. Recorded everything and watched the recorded ones. Great view. Went to delete off of ad and it wouldn't let me. How do I?
You should have the option depending on what PC you are running to delete after you download the material. If not, put the microSD back in the drone, power everything up and format the card in the app.

Thanks all. It is getting easier with practise. Tevek I will give that a try tomorrow since I didn't have a chance to try it today. I Guess I could take the wings off and fire it up inside to clear sd card. I'll let you know how it works.

Cleaned the sd card and was out recording again. Good flight today with my three horses in a gallup thanks for the help everyone. Here is a new q for you all. How do I set the cameras angle rather then a 90 looking straight ahead I would like a 45 or so catching more ground less sky. Thanks

Cleaned the sd card and was out recording again. Good flight today with my three horses in a gallup thanks for the help everyone. Here is a new q for you all. How do I set the cameras angle rather then a 90 looking straight ahead I would like a 45 or so catching more ground less sky. Thanks
Are you referring to using the camera gimbal control wheel at the top left of the controller? You can use that to move the camera through 90 degrees as you fly assuming you have full video telemetry on your screen to be able to see as you go.
It's in the manual.
Here is a link that also contains the manual for P4.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Never seen the word gimbal. Didn't know what that ment. Makes sense. I will take it for a flight and try it. Thanks again people. Remember simple to you but I am still a newbie.

Never seen the word gimbal. Didn't know what that ment. Makes sense. I will take it for a flight and try it. Thanks again people. Remember simple to you but I am still a newbie.
The camera hangs off the gimbal. All good, have to start somewhere just like the rest of us :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31