MC: INVALID BATTERY

Reaction score
The morning after updating to 3.10, flew the P2V+V3.0 until depleting one batt. I took it down and then replaced the batt for a fully charged one and it was just after finishing the start sequence that the "MC: Invaild Battery" legend came up in the VISION App.

Replaced it for another charged one and same story. GPS starts, the camera works, gimbal levels, gets 10+ satellites but there's no engine start.

Checked out YouTube and forums and some said it had to be something with the small spring connectors at the battery bay...cleaned those on both the batteries and the drone and that wasn't my case.

When I connected the P2V+V3.0 to my Mac, the Assistant Software alert read "Not DJI Intelligent Battery".

Downgraded the Firmware from 3.10 to 3.8 as adviced by DJI and upgraded the Assistant Software by downloading the 3.8 version straight from DJI's website.

Also read that someone had issues with the iOS VISION App 1.0.46 and waited for DJI to release the latest version - as they said through a pop up in the Assistant - which they did just a few hours later.

Already updated the iOS VISION App App to 1.0.48 and I am still getting the "MC: Invalid Battery" message.

I am attaching some screenshots of the situation, hope anyone can help.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 1,022
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 837
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 885
  • 4.png
    4.png
    752.3 KB · Views: 886
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 890
does the one you flew with before you got the error still work?

I had the exact same problem the other day. Make sure your Phantom is on 3.8. And try the following:
1. Turn off your Phantom
2. Take out the battery completely
3. Insert the battery
4. Power the Phantom back on

The above fixes my problem. Hope it helps.

I just bought a spare battery and when I plugged it into the Phantom I got the same message but it went away after 10 seconds and worked fine after that

I was on 3.10 briefly - no problems - downgraded to 3.08. I was using a Limefuel L60P and got this message. Powered down, powered back up and everything was fine. Weird.

I've had a similar issue, but the symptoms of mine suggest it's a bit different in terms of root cause.

I have 3 batteries. One is on f/w 2.0.0.0, and the other two on 1.0.0.8.

The two that are on the lower release almost always produce an "Invalid Battery" error when I first power on the P2V+.

At first I could "fix" the Invalid Battery problem by using the classic "turn it off and on again" fix. But recently I noticed I had to power-cycle the P2V+ several times to make the error go away. When you're standing in a freezing cold waiting for it to reboot and re-acquire the WiFi several times it becomes a real pain.

Of course one option is to upgrade the firmware on those two batteries. But when I tried to do that about ten days ago it was in the midst of the "3.10" firmware scare, and so I've lived with the restarts for the moment.

I tried again today, but Assistant still tells me there's no battery firmware update for me.

spudmachine said:
I tried again today, but Assistant still tells me there's no battery firmware update for me.

Your battery hardware is probably "too old" and the firmware cannot be upgraded. Contact DJI service if still under warranty.

I just got my 1st Invalid Battery today - for the 1st time. I just recently updated all the firewarm, etc. could be the contacts, not sure yet.

My Phantom, also last month while flying over the snow, just dropped out of sky like a rock. It completely lost power out of nowhere and dropped, thankfully I was only about 40-50 feet up, but enough to break 3 props and possibly did other damage....such as this error.

Just before getting this error message (invalid battery), Ive been dealing with lost connection and binding issues, since that crash (everything worked great before that)... The camera and wifi extender have not been able to keep the bindinig connection. Even after hard resets all everything, rescanning QR code , all numerous times, i would drop connections. Today I tried an older samsung tablet that had an older version of the DJI app still installed and it worked OK. I then tried my newer Samsung G5 phone and it connected OK today.
However, now I am getting the Battery Errors, also having trouble Calibrating and Satellite connection.

Sounds like I may need some repairs!!??

I purchased 2 new batteries direct from DJI. Both batteries give the same error. MC: Invalid Battery. After six weeks, still no resolution from DJI. They're still at the DJI repair facility. DJI won't replace, won't refund. I guess I'll just have to wait until they get around to it. Really frustrated with DJI's horrible support.

Try this guys. Get some electronic contac cleaner and spay in the battery compartment the two battery contacts and the two small sensor contacts. Clean em good get any residue or discoloration off. Then also clean the battery contacts as well as the sensor tabs. See if the issue of invalid battery clears up then.

Try this guys. Get some electronic contac cleaner and spay in the battery compartment the two battery contacts and the two small sensor contacts. Clean em good get any residue or discoloration off. Then also clean the battery contacts as well as the sensor tabs. See if the issue of invalid battery clears up then.
Didn't work for me but thanks.

Would a battery firmware downgrade be the solution?

My bird is 1.08 but the battery was bought from dji a few months ago.

Any luck getting your battery error message to go away?
Still won't work. Not sure how to downgrade battery either.

Also, not willing to upgrade my bird from 1.08. Haven't been following the forums so maybe a better upgrade is out there but 1.08 still works great for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj