Maybe a crazy question, but... re FPV transmitter

Reaction score
Hello,
I am installing FPV on my phantom 2 with zenmuse. It looks like transmitter will not fit inside, so i will have to do it as on video by ThatHPI Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

That way of mounting means that transmitter will be outside, hanging under-belly.
My question - I am totally not keen on having exposed circuit board outside, so close to the ground - without any protection. A wet grass, or anything of that sort - can damage the transmitter (Boscam 400mW). Right?
So, I wonder do you think I can spray the board with a polymer based paint, to protect it? to cover all soldered points, and all things on the board with a permanent seal? Would it make sense, or i would risk some problems?
Or - maybe you have a better solution to this problem? (or maybe i am just nuts and should not be worried?)

Many thanks, cheers!
Derek

Don't worry about it. It's not going to short. If you really do want to cover it up, use some Star Brite Liquid Electrical Tape. It's great for this sort of thing.

rilot said:
Don't worry about it. It's not going to short. If you really do want to cover it up, use some Star Brite Liquid Electrical Tape. It's great for this sort of thing.
thank you very much, I will look into that liquid thing. appreciate your help. you rock!
cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20