May sound like a dumb question

Reaction score
I am new here, and was wondering if there are any Drones on which you can use a GoPro?..or are any sold which incorporate a GoPro..thanks...Mark

I am new here, and was wondering if there are any Drones on which you can use a GoPro?..or are any sold which incorporate a GoPro..thanks...Mark
Back in the early days of drone development before drone manufacturers started making dedicated drone cameras., many drones had GoPro cameras.
But because dedicated cameras are so much better and give full camera control to the operator, GoPro cameras on drones have disappeared.
The last was GoPro's own attempt at a drone, their Karma, a flawed, outdated machine that never caught on and almost bankrupted the company.

My first drone was one called Xiro Xplorer V. Had it's own camera and 3 axis gimbal and actually did a pretty good job. It wouldn't fly above 400 feet or out farther than 600 feet. But that was the FAA's drone ceiling rule and at a 600 ft distance, I could barely see it so it was fun. So I also bought one (Xiro Xplorer G) that had a 3 axis gimbal for my GoPro Hero 3. Like the V model, it transmitted the video via lightbridge to my iPhone and also worked great. Don't know if they are in business anymore but their website is still up. If you think you'd like to mess with the G (GoPro model) you can have mine along with extra props and 2 or 3 batteries and charger. Learning curve is on you. Just pay the shipping which should just be a few bucks. Lemme know....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31