MaxxUAV and Mavic flight distance

Just like an antenna mod on anything else, the battery is the limiting factor. Even a stock P3/P4 can be flown far enough and not able to return home with stock battery/antenna :)

That said, I don't see much potential for extra payloads on the Mavic. But who knows what the future will tell. Plenty of innovative folks!

There are a number of very capable guys that aren't afraid to dive right in on a new quad and do a mod, and then show us step by step how to do it on youtube. I bet we see some vids shortly.

I'm sure I will be just fine with a WindSurfer on my Mavic. I'm guessing the fly time on the Mavic will be a true 20-22mins. Should be plenty enough time to do some decent out of the box plus windsurfer round trips.

There are a number of very capable guys that aren't afraid to dive right in on a new quad and do a mod, and then show us step by step how to do it on youtube. I bet we see some vids shortly.

Agreed. I think the big question will be how much can those motors lift. Looking at pics, it seems it would be very easy to mount 2 3S batteries to each side, and it will still be very aerodynamic. I haven't found specs on the motors yet but they probably have a good amount of headroom for lifting weight since it is able to fly 40mph in sport mode. Only time will tell :)

Agreed. I think the big question will be how much can those motors lift. Looking at pics, it seems it would be very easy to mount 2 3S batteries to each side, and it will still be very aerodynamic. I haven't found specs on the motors yet but they probably have a good amount of headroom for lifting weight since it is able to fly 40mph in sport mode. Only time will tell :)

40mph is not even close to being enough. Especially when the FAA allows us to fly up to 100mph.

The key to the Mavic's performance is its light weight. This allows it to have a smaller battery and less powerful motors. It's going to be a different ballgame if you want to carry a load.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

40mph is not even close to being enough. Especially when the FAA allows us to fly up to 100mph.

I'm just saying that if the motors have enough thrust to make the Mavic go 40mph then maybe that means that it will be capable of lifting some extra weight of batteries.

The key to the Mavic's performance is its light weight. This allows it to have a smaller battery and less powerful motors. It's going to be a different ballgame if you want to carry a load.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess we'll have to see.

Reactions: Digdat0
I'm just saying that if the motors have enough thrust to make the Mavic go 40mph then maybe that means that it will be capable of lifting some extra weight of batteries.
I guess we'll have to see.
But the Mavic (like all quadcopters) doesn't go fast because it has powerful motors.
It goes fast because of the tilt angle.

Reactions: flyNfrank
The spec page says overall flight time 21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik