MaxxRange Antenna VS EvoLite Kit Plus

Reaction score
Ive had my phantom for a couple weeks now and im looking for more range. Dont need anything over 15,000 ft but as of right now not modded im only getting 1,600 ft. Would you guys recommend the MaxxRange kit with the clean install cables for $185 shipped or the EvoLite Kit Plus for $310?

Ive had my phantom for a couple weeks now and im looking for more range. Dont need anything over 15,000 ft but as of right now not modded im only getting 1,600 ft. Would you guys recommend the MaxxRange kit with the clean install cables for $185 shipped or the EvoLite Kit Plus for $310?
I just use a windsurfer on my P3P and I have no problem flying 3 miles one way. Also the Windsurfer will only set you back around $25 on E-Bay.

In city area's the windsurfers only get me a mile. Tree's/Buildings cause issues.

From what I can see the evolite kit is boosted while the maxxrange kit is antenna only. If you want to punch through trees, you'll want to be boosted. I have the evolite plus kit and it's night and day difference between boosted and not.

From what I can see the evolite kit is boosted while the maxxrange kit is antenna only. If you want to punch through trees, you'll want to be boosted. I have the evolite plus kit and it's night and day difference between boosted and not.

Agree with Ryno. I have the MaxxRange unboosted and even though I get better range, it doesn't penetrate through trees/homes as well as I thought it would.
This is not scientific, but from my experience, i used to get 16k' from a particular spot in March, stock (a lot of trees) with no leaves. In that same spot, I would only get 11k' stock when trees were full of leaves. With the MaxxRange, I am able to get 16-17k' today (trees full is leaves). Again, this is just my observation.
If you want penetration, boost your system.

Is there a boosted kit out there for less than the evolite plus?
You can buy the amps, cables and battery yourself and save a little dough, but then you'll have to fabricate a mount yourself. I wouldn't be too shocked to see another company selling a boosted kit for cheaper, but it will have cheaper components.

The evolite kit is worth it just for their mount/amp tray. It holds the battery in a snug clip like those old phone holsters and the trays for the amps fit like a glove too. Then the whole thing mounts up snugly and the battery/amp tray allows you to rest the controller on a flat surface and still leaves plenty of room for you get your hands around the controller normally. You can't do this with the stock controller, you have to rest your hands on top. It's not necessary, but it's nice to rest the controller on a table and still be able to hold it normally.

I'm having trouble finding a good flat area to max out my distance, but I've gone 2mi out several times.

Thanks Rynocity. I was looking into the dbsmods site, but they don't have anything boosted it seems. So there are not many packages that include everything you need I see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl