maxiumin speed on mototrs

Reaction score
I have a Standard 3 and out of no where my Drone when taking off ramped up its speed and flipped.. now when I take off just 20 seconds into flight my drone is very hard to control and I have to force some hard landings .. anybody got any idea what has happened ..
it was flying with no problems at altitudes of 300 feet and returning home untouched. I am very scared to even go up to 20 feet at this point .. thxs for any feed back

I have a Standard 3 and out of no where my Drone when taking off ramped up its speed and flipped.. now when I take off just 20 seconds into flight my drone is very hard to control and I have to force some hard landings .. anybody got any idea what has happened ..
it was flying with no problems at altitudes of 300 feet and returning home untouched. I am very scared to even go up to 20 feet at this point .. thxs for any feed back
Wow,,i would try unistall app and reinstall dj app,,,see what happens :eek:

Reactions: Pete_Cajigas
that didn't help it,,,,,how can I do a factory setting reset to see if that corrects it..

yes the gps mode is on .... I put the drone in beginner mode and I get the unit 5 feet up and the motors ramp up max speed and then she starts to rock in all directions ... I just tried calibrating the remote to see if that will help.

nope no go ,,, this is extremely frustrating now .. she was fly great and now it wont even lift off the ground but motors are at high rpm

You did an imu calibration and did it on a perfectly flat surface?
Try starting the motors without props on and see what it does. Is there any certain direction that you can angle it so that the motors stay calm?

yes I did the imu on a really good surface
I took off the props and turned it on and when I tilt in all directions each motor runs a little higher like its in flight.
I pick it up and simulated a take off and all motor ramped up again and the screen was reading that all motors are at max speed. I shut it down again

Can you hover it then keep an eye on the battery voltage. In fact.. Upload that flight to healthy drones then check the battery voltage section. It may give a clue

unable to hover with the props on as 20 seconds into flight it starts to go unstable,, goes pretty hay wired ,, I did try what you said with out props and batteries hold at 3.83v each and total combined 15.39v

When it flipped over the first time how high above the ground were you? You say it is "rocking" in the air with motors at maximum speed. This doesn't make sense- if the motors were at max speed the AC would be climbing at 18 km/hr.

Have you switched to ATTI mode by any chance (check the flight mode switch is is P)?

Are you running standard props?

Have you fitted any accessories to the AC that would change its flight characteristics?

Are you flying in wind?

How many flights have you had with this AC?

When it flipped over the first time how high above the ground were you? You say it is "rocking" in the air with motors at maximum speed. This doesn't make sense- if the motors were at max speed the AC would be climbing at 18 km/hr.

Have you switched to ATTI mode by any chance (check the flight mode switch is is P)?

Are you running standard props?

Have you fitted any accessories to the AC that would change its flight characteristics?

Are you flying in wind?

How many flights have you had with this AC?

when it flipped over it was windy outside but I was just about to take off and about two feet up it ramped up to its max and flipped breaking two props ,, I fixed the props with new replacements out of the box

I purchased new blue props but have tried the original ones as well

no changes to the AC

I am trying to just hover indoors as there is a small gust from time to time outside so I decided to try it indoors

How many flight hours do you have? The standard has no VPS so indoors your GPS might have little or no effect in maintaining a stable hover. Flying in these circumstances would require constant stick inputs to hold position particularly in a confined space where the AC will influenced by ithe disrupted uneven air movements created by the props.

Find an open area on a calm day and practice flying at a reasonable height.

You say no mods- are the prop guards and water stryders depicted in your avatar currently fitted?

How many flight hours do you have? The standard has no VPS so indoors your GPS might have little or no effect in maintaining a stable hover. Flying in these circumstances would require constant stick inputs to hold position particularly in a confined space where the AC will influenced by ithe disrupted uneven air movements created by the props.

Find an open area on a calm day and practice flying at a reasonable height.

You say no mods- are the prop guards and water stryders depicted in your avatar currently fitted?

Ok I will try again tomorrow as the air outside today is very unpredictable
the guards have been on since day one as I got this drone at Christmas ,, I have flown it about 25/30 times before the flip,, been trying to figure out whats going on for the past week.
I just put the skin and water stryders on today ,, nervous of crashing and loosing her

I would leave the stryders off for now. They can't improve the flight characteristics and if anything will make it more difficult to control. I would be going for a stable hover 15- 20 ft up outdoors in calm conditions as the first milestone in troubleshooting.

Ok I will try again tomorrow as the air outside today is very unpredictable
the guards have been on since day one as I got this drone at Christmas ,, I have flown it about 25/30 times before the flip,, been trying to figure out whats going on for the past week.
I just put the skin and water stryders on today ,, nervous of crashing and loosing her
O M G mate your havin bad luck hope u can sort it....,,i would give u my p3s if u wernt so far away,,,,it just sittin gatherin dust,,,:cool: been readin post and thats a mind twister,,best of luck

well I'm happy to report that I have my drone up and running at 100% ,, I would really like to thank you all for responding with many ideas as it inspired me to be more informed about this Flying Aircraft and the seriousness of being responsible.. I took my hand remote and took it off sink with the drone and recalibrated the hand unit and drone from scratch now she is flying very well. and now I can get back to the hobby..lol Thanks Again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4