Maximum storage temperature PV+?

Reaction score
Hello again!

In a couple of weeks i'am going on a vacation to Italy. Since we are going camping i'll be sleeping in a tent.
Offcourse i want to bring my phantom to this beautiful country. My only concern is that i want to keep it in my car
Because i can lock it. But temperatures can get quite high in the car. I've read the specs on de DJI site wich only
mention operating environment temps (0-40 c). On a hot summer day the temperature inside the car can easely rise above
this. My question:

Does anyone know the max storage temperature of the PV+ ? Because i don't want to damage the electronics inside!

Thanks for the input.

The Phantom should be fine in the car but I wouldn't keep the batteries in there.
The high temp might damage them and there's always the risk of rupture and fire.
From the Internet (So you know it has to be true) "Storing battery at temperatures greater than 170 degrees F for extended periods of time (more than 2 hours) may cause damage to battery and possible fire."

As for the Phantom I wouldn't expect any problems unless it get's hot enough to warp the plastic.

what are the temps inside large metal cargo containers that are in the sunlight during days of shipping travel from china?

Never thought off that! Good point i'll keep my batteries in a cool place. Hope to make some nice footage!
Thanks for your replies!

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and recently went on a trip in western Texas and eastern New Mexico in late July through early August with it, intending to do some video and stills in the incredible canyons in NW Texas. I was storing my equipment under a black tonneau cover in the back of my Toyota Tundra which, being lockable, is the safest place to store valuable items on the truck while away.

I checked the drone thoroughly before I left, installed the latest firmware, and charged up my five batteries. I didn't get to use the drone during most of the trip stops owing to prohibitions (White Sands, NM) or too-high winds. When I did pull it out in the canyon country, my RC was on the blink. It was making very loud, constant beeping noises, showing a red light next to the start button, and flashing the white battery status lights. The drone flew and responded to the RC, but I had poor telemetry and choppy video and decided to can the effort after a few minutes to avoid losing the drone in the rugged canyon.

Temperatures under the tonneau cover probably got to 125˚ F during the hot days while driving and sitting in parking areas. My instant read thermometer says that the cover gets to 180˚ on top in the sun in Houston. I registered a temperature of about 110˚ under the cover near the front where I was storing the drone box.

DJI is repairing the RC now and charged me a $140 service fee with less than a year from purchase. I'm not sure what went wrong with it, because DJI communication is nil. However, I probably won't let it get so hot in the future. The only good option I can think of is to store it in a cooler with freezer blocks to keep it cool. I'd have to re-freeze the blocks every night, but that would be one way to keep the darn thing cool and yet secure in the back of my truck. Obviously, I could carry it in the cab of the truck while driving, but eventually it must be stored securely out of sight in the back.

Any other ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj