Maximum speed...

Reaction score
Well the Flytrex data logger just told me on my last flight i managed 45.95mph which I think is quite good.. the FC40 is completely as STOCK! - and it was a Flat Calm Evening, so no wind assistance! - see my flight log details - HERE

Thats some crazy speed my friend! I don't think my FC40 has ever gone that fast, be careful though, going at speeds like that can fry your ESC's

MarzBGx said:
Thats some crazy speed my friend! I don't think my FC40 has ever gone that fast, be careful though, going at speeds like that can fry your ESC's

So that's why DJI recommends against full rated speed!!! I am not an experienced RC person so thanks for that insight. That totally makes sense.

I usually get around 35-40 for max in calm wind conditions, but have gotten close to 60 on a windy day, lol!

With Vision props and In GPS mode mine was holding steady at 35 on a calm day, using the speedometer on my Seadoo to gauge the speed while chasing my FC40 across the lake. Then I switched to attitude mode for a short time and had a hard time keeping up with it before switching back to GPS. I estimate about 50 mph in attitude, maybe more.

You guys won't be getting such speeds if you have "upgraded" to v3.04. DJI reduced the tilt limit in gos and atti mode.

Woody, how do you pilot the fc40 and chase it with your seedoo at the same time? Mad skills?

As far as I know the FC40 doesn't have any new limits. I use assistant software 2.20 and firmware 4.02, the latest version. Or it's possible that it didn't auto update when I connected, don't know for sure. But I don't plan on updating because it's perfect the way it is now.

If you look closely you can see that I pilot from the back seat while my buddy drives. Hoping to get some good wakeskating shots this summer by letting it hover at about 8 feet and passing underneath.https://www.flickr.com/photos/12732707@ ... /lightbox/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl