Maximum speed on a FC40

Reaction score
Well the Flytrex data logger just told me on my last flight i managed 45.95mph which I think is quite good.. the FC40 is completely as STOCK! - and it was a Flat Calm Evening, so no wind assistance! - see my flight log details - HERE

Impressive. I was curious on how fast they moved. They tend to look slower up in the sky.

I've had mine up to 28.xx MPH with sock propellers, 30.19 with Phantom 2 props. I have a GoPro on it, so that adds to my weight.

Weird when switched to phantom vision style props my top speed in gps went up a tiny bit but in atti were I normally get some good speed it dropped about 10-15 miles per hour. Went back to the stock props and it went right back up again.
in fact the day I went back I hit over 60mph and beat my own record of 59.something. http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/speed/phantom-fc40/ That really cool guy on the top spot on flytrax speed page under the fc40s thats me lol

My FC40 has a faster than light drive. :shock:

It could be cause I have seen some anomaly's in my own flights on flytrax. Including this one from the 4th of July when I had a crash when I was over 1/2 mile away and 800+ feet in the air when a power wire came off the main board and down like a rock she went over the mountain and tree line. When I got it back it said my max distance was 98 feet lol tho even tho the river I flew over is more then that to the other side. and it also showed my total distance at .9 miles so its kind of funny that a one way trip was still showing as being 98 feet away. but taking .9 miles to get there. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... mes-48146/ The spot it showed my flight ended at was dead on over the spot were I found it tho. BTW only damage was one severely busted prop and a busted wire inside on one of the esc's from the impact plus the wire that came off that caused it to do the rock impression. wasn't even expecting there would be any hope of even finding it well along finding it in such good shape but by sheer luck it happened to be at the first place anther person and I went to try looking the next morning. Just by pure luck she spotted it after we got out of the car on the end of a dead end road that ended at a gate and we decided to get out and try to see what was up ahead and it opened in to a clearing a few feet past the gate and a there it was.

I lost mine in tall weeds about 100 yards out - I looked for it for about an hour before I found it. The weeds were wet and I was pretty miserable by the time I found it.

I had a battery alarm on it, but the batteries weren't low enough to trigger it.

I was stoked after I found mine. it also had a battery alarm but was only about 3 minutes in before it went down so when I found it it still had lots of juice in it. and nothing but the battery alarm drawing power so it never went off.

The real funny part is when it went down I was like well that sucks and kissed it goodbye and wasn't even going to waist my time trying to look for a hopeless cause. Then one of the chicks at camp the next day wanted to go look for it and talked me in to it. so I figured ok we can try tho its like finding a needle in a hay stack being there are not even many roads on the other side of the river were it went down. and had to go 5 miles down river just to get to a bridge and 5 miles back. I was already thinking she was looking for a good excuse to get away alone with me while her old man was still back at camp. lol and shes pretty hot and she is a freak. So I said ok Then when we turned down the one road that was not even named at the beginning and got the gate I was thinking we hit a dead end till she wanted to get out and see if there was a field or some thing beyond the gate. But I was not thinking there would be much of a chance of finding it. Then she said well maybe you will get lucky and lol my mind really started to go in the gutter and thought yup she defiantly is looking to get me out in to the field in the middle of no ware. lol Then my mind went completely gutter bound. Had that been what she was thinking it would of been the perfect plan to cause not only did every one else at camp expect us to come back empty handed no on at all thought we would be back any time at all soon.

After checking, I guess I really did have mine that far away. I looked at the Flytrex site and measured the furthest point with Google Earth.

I freak out when it gets too far away....

I think I'll fly mine without the GoPro to get the weight down and see what I can do about that maximum speed.

Can it go faster in ATT mode than in GPS mode?

Can it go faster in ATT mode than in GPS mode?

yes if you are going forward as fast as you can in gps and flip the switch in to atti you can see it go noticeably faster once it goes in to atti. Be careful in atti that its in your view and also that you are up high enough that if it comes down in altitude that it wont run in to any thing. in atti esp when going forward as its pitching forward it also tends to want to lose height as its cruising. because its not using the gps to hold the height and also I think it slices down diagonally threw the air some. Tho I dont know the terminology for what its doing when it does that.

Yeah be careful of the altitude drop when you switch to att. And watch out for the drift too, after you release the stick to center it keeps on going a long way at high speed so be ready to switch back to GPS before it gets away from you.

Woody said:
Yeah be careful of the altitude drop when you switch to att. And watch out for the drift too, after you release the stick to center it keeps on going a long way at high speed so be ready to switch back to GPS before it gets away from you.

Some people use prunes, I switch to ATT to keep regular.

darwin-t said:
CarlJ said:
Was this taken with the FC40 camera?

No, GoPro.

I got my FC40 to 38.54 MPH today on ATT mode, should move me up to 14th for the FC40s

What were your settings, if you don't mind me being nosey.

Wow I knew these quads moved just didn't know they moved this fast

I would do a speed test with both my fc40 and my p2v to see which is faster(likely the p2v)

Downside is I have too many trees to do such a feat of speed :( (they do make for some tricky flying though)

I do notice they both are a bit more responsive to the stick when in atti mode(one reason why I like atti mode)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic