Maximum height in Australia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've seen a few posters that (I assume) are made by Government agencies trying to provide quick reading of the rules and regulations for flying drones here.

When it comes to height I've seen some simply state a blanket ban of flying > 120M and some only stating you can't fly > 120M if you're in a controlled airspace.

According to AirCheck, I'm under a Class E airspace which has a lower flight limit of 8500ft. I'm guessing that means I'm under a controlled airspace and I can only fly up to 120M? Or can I fly below and up to 8500ft?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I've seen a few posters that (I assume) are made by Government agencies trying to provide quick reading of the rules and regulations for flying drones here.

When it comes to height I've seen some simply state a blanket ban of flying > 120M and some only stating you can't fly > 120M if you're in a controlled airspace.

According to AirCheck, I'm under a Class E airspace which has a lower flight limit of 8500ft. I'm guessing that means I'm under a controlled airspace and I can only fly up to 120M? Or can I fly below and up to 8500ft?

Thanks!
I rang CASA with the same enquiry and they replied in a letter saying :-
" I can advise that if you are operating your RPA/drone for recreation (fun) it is possible, under 101.400 of the regulation, to operate above 400ft AGL as long as you keep the aircraft in sight and clear of populous areas."

So Go High!! (where it is safe to do so)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl