Maximum flight distance reached?

Reaction score
I've been flying for about 6 months now. I used to get 2,000 feet with a skyreat windsurfer antenna. This more, I cant go anymore than 150 feet when it tells me "maximum flight distance reached". I upgraded to the latest 1.9.20 firmware 3 weeks ago and it didn't affect my distance. I made sure I wasn't in Beginners mode. Any ideas?

I've heard the new updates are hurting a lot of pilots when it comes to range and height. Unsure how true it is.. try uninstalling the update

I've been flying for about 6 months now. I used to get 2,000 feet with a skyreat windsurfer antenna. This more, I cant go anymore than 150 feet when it tells me "maximum flight distance reached". I upgraded to the latest 1.9.20 firmware 3 weeks ago and it didn't affect my distance. I made sure I wasn't in Beginners mode. Any ideas?
Did you update the app and if so did you go online and re-register? Maybe try to log out of the app and then log back in. Perhaps reinstall the app after syncing flight records. Note: 150 feet sounds like the flight restrictions they announced in May when they said, "flight will be limited to a 50-meter radius up to 30 meters high."

If those restrictions sound like news to you, you can check out the video below or search for one of the many threads about the restrictions since it was announced at the end of May. The video is not a Phantom, but you'll still get the overall idea. The video has been posted here countless times, so may have already seen it. If so, sorry in advance.

Hopefully it's as simple as that or another simple explanation. Cheers and good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I've heard the new updates are hurting a lot of pilots when it comes to range and height. Unsure how true it is.. try uninstalling the update
Wouldn't the change have occurred right after the upgrade?. How easy or involved is it to uninstall the upgrade our downgrade? Why don't they just leave well enough alone?

Reactions: chrismartin3391
Not sure lol. Ain't broke don't fix it right lol. I'd start with going to your app store. Android gives me the option to uninstall the update.

If you running Android. You should be able to uninstall the update only through the store. If not I believe you can go to settings. Applications. Application manager. Then do it from there

App store? There's an app to uninstall Ann upgrade? Do you mean the Go app? Do I have to turn on the aircraft while I'm in the Go app?

If you running Android. You should be able to uninstall the update only through the store. If not I believe you can go to settings. Applications. Application manager. Then do it from there
Sorry...I'm just not following....only through the store...what exactly do you mean by the store?

And if your meaning the latest firmware patch on the drone itself I'm pretty sure you can find the old updates on their website.

I been flying my abt 4 weeks and it started doing the same thing abt 150 feet. Mine is not in beginner mode .Are u still locked at 150 feet.Also u can text me also at [email protected]. I have my smart device hooked up.

So let me get this right I need to log out then in every time I fly so that I can change altitude and distance? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Uninstall the app. Reboot your device. Reinstall the app. Run the app and login. This has fixed the same problem for many people.

Reactions: Gauchofreak
Thanks Kongwerks worked like a charm but lost all my flight records oh well at least bird is up

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl