Maximum flight altitude

Reaction score
I live in the USA and have measurementso set to Imperial. Don't understand why it still has metric measurements you are setting. Anyway...the problem I'm having is when I set my maximum flight altitude to 120m (393") my Phantom 4 Pro stops climb @ 127' with a warning maximum flight altitude has been reached. When I put 120 in the box is it meters or feet? This I very confusing. It would seem to me to avoid all the confusion if you choose Imperial measurements all numbers in the app should change to Imperial but you are still left with doing a conversion to get the correct numbers. AmI missing something? Any help in clarifying this is appreciated.

I live in the USA and have measurementso set to Imperial. Don't understand why it still has metric measurements you are setting. Anyway...the problem I'm having is when I set my maximum flight altitude to 120m (393") my Phantom 4 Pro stops climb @ 127' with a warning maximum flight altitude has been reached. When I put 120 in the box is it meters or feet? This I very confusing. It would seem to me to avoid all the confusion if you choose Imperial measurements all numbers in the app should change to Imperial but you are still left with doing a conversion to get the correct numbers. AmI missing something? Any help in clarifying this is appreciated.
I agree with you that these vaules should also be imperial. But they are not. Imperial mainly refers to your flight data on your screen. Like altitude, distance ect.

When I put 120 in the box is it meters or feet?
That setting is always set in meters. We are all hoping DJI changes that someday too.

Did you set that setting while your Phantom was connected to DJI GO?

That setting is always set in meters. We are all hoping DJI changes that someday too.

Did you set that setting while your Phantom was connected to DJI GO?
Affirmative....those values are all zero when the Phantom is off. I have looked through other threads and haven't found anyone else with a similar problem so I'm stumped.

If you power up your Phantom now and try to change that setting, does it remember it when you restart everything?

Wonder if you just have settings set wrong somewhere. I had my P4P out today and achieved 219' height . It could have something to do with restricted airspace for where you were flying. Try an app like Hover or Airmap and see if your in restricted airspace.

be060f5b631d20a0649dc5e2cc69d5e6.jpg

Sorry reread what your bird is actually doing. So it's stopping at 127ft then? Hmmm? Msinger's on it I'm sure.

Affirmative
Good. Take another flight and see if you're able to reproduce this issue.

If you'd like to dig into the previous flight some more, then please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Wonder if you just have settings set wrong somewhere. I had my P4P out today and achieved 219' height . It could have something to do with restricted airspace for where you were flying. Try an app like Hover or Airmap and see if your in restricted airspace.

be060f5b631d20a0649dc5e2cc69d5e6.jpg
I'm a full scale commercial pilot as well and own an airplane which is based at our local county airport. I live within the 5 mile radius of the airport which is non controlled. The app brings up a warning with an option to assume responsibility and that I have permission to fly so I assume it shouldn't restrict my altitude.

Good. Take another flight and see if you're able to reproduce this issue.

If you'd like to dig into the previous flight some more, then please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.
Never done that b4...is there instructions on how to upload the log?

You'll find instructions at my link above.

For what its worth, our local RC field is located in an area that produces the same acknowledgement message and it causes no ceiling limit.

Sounds like beginner mode is enabled. However that's supposed to limit to 30m/100ft not 127ft.

Reactions: Sith77
I sent the flight log last night...I think it went through ok.
You'll need to post the link here after you upload it. Otherwise, we will not be able to view it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1