"Maximum Flight Altitude" warning and auto descent

Reaction score
Here's a first for me. Was flying a P3Pro yesterday. Hovering at about 25 AGL feet taking pictures. Had only been flying for about 5 minutes on a fully charged battery. The Go App announced "You have reached the maximum flight altitude" and began to swiftly descend. Fortunately I was able to move forward and hand-catch it. Then did the CSC stick command to cut power to the motors, but that didn't work. Had to push the battery button to cut power. Firmware upgrade was done about 2 weeks ago on Phantom and RC. And I had reinstalled the DJI Go App at the same time. Had done 4 flights since then. Had done a compass calibration before this flight, Safe to Fly GPS Mode, Home Point established before takeoff. Anyone else hear of this before? I will not be flying until I can resolve this.

Fortunately I was able to move forward and hand-catch it. Then did the CSC stick command to cut power to the motors, but that didn't work.

Not the real issue but I'd recommend that you not try a CSC when hand catching. In is simply inviting problems. The best way to hand catch is to catch with he props slightly above head level and then use one hand to push the left stick down to descend. At the same time, raise the Phantom just slightly in an upward motion until the motors turn off. This means you don't need to try to move two sticks in a perfect CSC with one hand. If you don't do the CSC perfectly the Phantom will simply try to fly away to the side.

Firmware upgrade was done about 2 weeks ago on Phantom and RC. And I had reinstalled the DJI Go App at the same time. Had done 4 flights since then. Had done a compass calibration before this flight, Safe to Fly GPS Mode, Home Point established before takeoff. Anyone else hear of this before? I will not be flying until I can resolve this.

Check you settings while connected to the Phantom and see if they were accidentally changed. This would not explain why it automatically started to descend. I suspect something else was going on. As mentioned, you can upload your logs for review.

Not the real issue but I'd recommend that you not try a CSC when hand catching. In is simply inviting problems. The best way to hand catch is to catch with he props slightly above head level and then use one hand to push the left stick down to descend. At the same time, raise the Phantom just slightly in an upward motion until the motors turn off. This means you don't need to try to move two sticks in a perfect CSC with one hand. If you don't do the CSC perfectly the Phantom will simply try to fly away to the side.
I agree, but I don't think he had any kind of control, its all hear-say tell we see some logs.:)
MTPM, we are waiting for the facts;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav