Maximum Altitude Limit Failed

Reaction score
I don't know if my readings are off, or if the maximum altitude limit didn't stop me, but as you see below, I went well over 500ft. I stopped going up at 637 ft because it's a windy day. Any idea what's the deal?
404b6642881a01f69fd496fa87bb3488.jpg

acfde346b7e0ecabcff6fb52394f5af1.jpg

c1022d179d7256ebcfc4ee466c4cc6ca.jpg

What is your maximum altitude set to?

FYI, the setting is always in meters in DJI GO.

Whats your setting for the max altitude? You didn't show that in your snapshots.

500. I'm so sorry, I didn't see it was in meters, as everything on the display reads in ft and mph. Totally my bad. Didn't mean to waste your time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Good your understood the issue.

Wow... I'm a amazed. I always stayed below the 500 ft because I didn't know it was meters. 500 meters is 1640 ft. That means I can go 3 times higher than I have ever been, and I thought I was already very high. Good to know, but gotta keep an eye on wind. I feel like i just woke up on Christmas morning since its in meters instead of feet, lol. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sounds like a software bug. I put in 200 meters and it rejects it saying over 400 ft limit with the P3 go app.

DJI please note: When one choses imperial system, all values (set and actual) should be shown in FEET as there is a risk that some one flies above 400' limit unintentionally and pose risks to other flying aircrafts. This has been long pending issue and has not yet been fixed.

looks like a software bug. on the P3 app you enter 200, and it rejects it as over 400 ft limit. Will have to see if 500 is accepted. Then fly at 401 ft to stick it to the man.

looks like a software bug. on the P3 app you enter 200, and it rejects it as over 400 ft limit. Will have to see if 500 is accepted. Then fly at 401 ft to stick it to the man.
P3 or P4 it doesn't matter.
The only limits are 500 metres hardwired max limit and a user configurable limit which is set at 400 ft by default.

You need to tell that to DJI. Not here.

DJI please note: When one choses imperial system, all values (set and actual) should be shown in FEET as there is a risk that some one flies above 400' limit unintentionally and pose risks to other flying aircrafts. This has been long pending issue and has not yet been fixed.

None of the differences between p3 & p4 mentioned the height limit removed. As a safety issue that is good, if you are at 400 ft and an aircraft is flying towards you, you may have to climb and turn to right depending on your direction of travel.
But specifications says 6000M limit, then air density is the problem I guess.

Agreed!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1