Maxed out P2 thinking of F450 Build

Reaction score
Anyone else now thinking of building a F450 or larger now that you've been around the block with the Phantom and maxed it out?

Chris0275 said:
Anyone else now thinking of building a F450 or larger now that you've been around the block with the Phantom and maxed it out?
Go larger, maybe a 650 or above from another company other than dji if you want to see different flight characteristics.

I want heavier lifting. GoPro, FPV, OSD, and Mission Planner with external power (seperate power). Not looking for SLR cameras but need to adopt a FLIR Tau 2 IR camera with FPV and OSD at a minimum, MP would be even better.

I bought an F550. Flight times are 9 minutes in very cold weather. Other than that, it will lift a lot more and it is a nice stable platform that you can easily glue/tape/screw a lot of stuff to without making it look bad (it already looks bad ;-} ). I'm going to add lights so I can get easier orientation at night and farther away.

Edit: Still haven't added the lights but did add a Futaba 8fghs and rx, different gear than the stock DJI. Works great (first flight with the mods this morning).

I started with the Phantom 2 Vision, then I bought a Phantom 2. Afterwards I put together a F550. Quite a difference in stability and carrying load.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj