Max operating temperature

Reaction score
So it's starting to warm up here in Arizona. While it's only topping the high 80's low 90's I'm concerned for when spring and summer come and we start batting into the 100's. While I know it will be warmer on the surface near take off, I'm wondering what's a safe takeoff temperature or if there's a max I should be weary of. I know the problems with cold flight but what about warm flight?

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

Per the Phantom manual, the max suggested operating temperature is 104F.

lived I az for 30 years it will be 104 at 2am in the morning glad I moved

That doesn't necessarily mean your Phantom won't fly in temperatures above that suggested value :)

but I have a beach 5 min away haven't seen a hurricane yet but man does it rain like crazy 8 inches in 3 to 4 hours crazy

Seriously though, I want to know this answer as well. It says not to fly below freezing but people do.. Will the Phantom give a warning that it is too hot??

Okay I found an interesting video about the battery.. Apparently do not let it get hotter than 65C.. at this point the aircraft should send you a warning and reduce power. At that point I would be landing anyway.. I wouldn't want to cause permanent damage to the batteries..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4