Max operating temp?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the max operating temp would be for the p3 pro? I ask because where I live in Sumer it rarely goes below 35c before light starts to fade. Late afternoon when the light is good it's around 40c, I really don't want to fry the bird if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

40c is in specs. Remember the battery does get extremely warm so check temp while flying.

My batteries normally end up at 50c on landing, from 100 to 30% charge. Summer here in Australia

I would routinely fly up to about 40C (104F) in the summer and once or twice I flew with temps above that. Batteries get very hot as do the motors. Performance didn't seem to suffer any, but I wonder about longevity, especially the batteries. In the summer here in Phoenix I was usually forced to only fly in the early morning as it gets to 40C by 10AM.

Can anyone tell me what the max operating temp would be for the p3 pro? I ask because where I live in Sumer it rarely goes below 35c before light starts to fade. Late afternoon when the light is good it's around 40c, I really don't want to fry the bird if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Aside from the Phantom operating temps noted earlier, be sure to also consider a mobile device that works well in hot climates.

Last summer in the U.S. there were many threads about devices overheating. Now that summer is approaching again, it will be the first summer for many newer pilots. I'm expecting many new threads about devices overheating once it gets hot outside.

I would routinely fly up to about 40C (104F) in the summer and once or twice I flew with temps above that. Batteries get very hot as do the motors. Performance didn't seem to suffer any, but I wonder about longevity, especially the batteries. In the summer here in Phoenix I was usually forced to only fly in the early morning as it gets to 40C by 10AM.
Chris, do you still use your "creepy" sunshade? Classic!

My understanding is that 40 C is within the ideal temp range. I would say 40C is safer than 20C. Just be sure you don't get too close to 60 C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers