Max File Index?

Reaction score
So I just bought this P2V+ used, and it flies great. I really can't complain at all for the price I paid. The telemetry and live view do work pretty well, I've had it about 1000 ft away without much issue.

However, I can't seem to take any pictures or videos. It displays a message floating over my live view stating "max file index is reached" almost every time.

I have a 32gb Sandisk Ultra class MicroSD HC Class 10. I've tried reformatting it on the computer (long) to scrub all the data. I've then reformatted it via the app IN the drone camera prior to use. Images and videos that DON'T display that message appear to be low numbered (DJI00006, etc). However, I can't view those images in the app OR on the computer if pulled off (video cannot be opened message). I do stop recording before turning off the drone. I do let the drone sit parked for a minute before turning it off.

Any ideas what could be going on? I found two other threads on this topic on this forum, however both appear to have been dropped before a solution was found. Thanks in advance for any assistance yall can provide!!

However, I can't seem to take any pictures or videos. It displays a message floating over my live view stating "max file index is reached" almost every time.

I have a 32gb Sandisk Ultra class MicroSD HC Class 10. I've tried reformatting it on the computer (long) to scrub all the data. I've then reformatted it via the app IN the drone camera prior to use. Images and videos that DON'T display that message appear to be low numbered (DJI00006, etc). However, I can't view those images in the app OR on the computer if pulled off (video cannot be opened message).!
It's a long time since I flew a P2V+ so I can't be sure but I'll have a guess.
The P2V+ would shoot up to DJI_9999 but later Phantoms only go to DJI_0999.
Later Phantoms have a camera setting for File Index Mode that allows you to select either Continuous or Reset.
Reset resets the file numbering to 001 each flight and Continuous starts with the next number following the last one used.
See if your Phantom has any File Index settings and experiment with them.

Meta, I was looking for some way to change that mode from within the settings but found nothing. I've also had the thing for a couple weeks and might just be missing it. Perhaps the older models didn't have that option.

I think I'm going to try a hard reset of the entire drone, perhaps that will work.

I'll also dig around one more time, perhaps there IS a hidden settings menu I just haven't found yet that would allow me to reset or change the index mode. Thanks for the suggestion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik