Max distance controler fc40, and what happen if it flyes over max distance

Reaction score
I'm have a fc40 and want to know the max distance of the controler (it is in fcc), and what the phantom do when go over the max reception. Automaticly in rth or fly away?
I have a fpv system on it, but no osd (yet), so i can't see how for i'm flying out right now.

YOu did not find a good reply here?o_O That has been answered quite a bit, but to let you know once you go out of control range, the failsafe kicks in and the phantom returns home. That is assuming you did all of the pre-flight checks. I currently fly 4 FC40's without an issue. I have gone out over 2 KM so far and not lose connection. The radio is modified with a better antenna though, but on a stock configuration you can get out to over a KM.:)

Reactions: Jacquesensink
YOu did not find a good reply here?o_O That has been answered quite a bit, but to let you know once you go out of control range, the failsafe kicks in and the phantom returns home. That is assuming you did all of the pre-flight checks. I currently fly 4 FC40's without an issue. I have gone out over 2 KM so far and not lose connection. The radio is modified with a better antenna though, but on a stock configuration you can get out to over a KM.:)

Hey that's really good, do you have any fpv setup on your drone and also what battery are you flying with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using a Boscam 2.4 GHZ telemetry for FPV. It is rated out to 4 KM, but I could not get anywhere near that until I upgraded the antennas to 2.4 GHZ circular polarized antennas and a directional panel on the receiver. The battery I am using is the Multistar 4000MAH from hobbyking.

Receiver - BOSCAM RC802 Wireless Video Audio AV FPV 2.4Ghz Receiver for 2.4G FPV TX Sender
Transmitter - Boscam TS321 2.4G 500mW Wireless AV FPV Transmitter for Quadcopter Multirotor TX
Battery - Multistar High Capacity 3S 4000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
Antennas- FPV, Aerial Video & Telemetry>FPV & Accessories>Antennas & Cables>2.4GHz

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
I have a directional antenna on my transmitter too and the earliest i have lost signal is at 4200 feet. I am just running a cheap ebay antenna also so I'm sure more range can be achieved with a better antenna. I have also noticed better range with fully charged batteries in the transmitter too. I haven't lost signal with new batteries ever, but I won't go much further than 4500 feet or so

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Can any of you fc40 owners tell me what I really have.. I was told when I bought it that is was a fc40 without camera.. If have model number P330 but is 2.4GHz.. Just wondering because I am trying to change over to 5.8 so I can use the New fc-40 camera I bought.. Maybe someone could share the receiver part number and remote model number that works with the P330. DJI support told me
Thanks

You definitely have a Phantom 1. The FC40's normally are P330D. Also, on your transmitter, unless upgraded, you probably have a DJ6 wjich is 2.4 GHZ. It is better to just get the radio and receiver in a combo, but it is difficult to find since DJI is no longer making them. I would suggest Ebay. It is also possible at this point that you may have to go with a vision receiver if you cannot find one for the FC40. It should work with a V3 board, which you can still find and the radios you can find a 5.8 on Ebay as well.

You definitely have a Phantom 1. The FC40's normally are P330D. Also, on your transmitter, unless upgraded, you probably have a DJ6 wjich is 2.4 GHZ. It is better to just get the radio and receiver in a combo, but it is difficult to find since DJI is no longer making them. I would suggest Ebay. It is also possible at this point that you may have to go with a vision receiver if you cannot find one for the FC40. It should work with a V3 board, which you can still find and the radios you can find a 5.8 on Ebay as well.
Thanks and yes I did find everything needed.. Strange that I have not been able to locate any information on P330 without a letter after it.. It is what it is..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj