Max carrying capacity P3

Reaction score
Hi all, I can't find anything on this searching and I'm curious. Has anyone tried lifting anything with a P3? How much could it lift I wonder?

How much could it lift I wonder?
The Phantom itself is around 2.5 lbs. Less than 1/2 of that can be lifted without extreme difficulty. More like 10 oz tops. There are numerous trial and errors around. Don't push it.

The Phantom itself is around 2.5 lbs. Less than 1/2 of that can be lifted without extreme difficulty. More like 10 oz tops. There are numerous trial and errors around. Don't push it.
Oh I'm simply curious. My guess is it could likely lift more than the shell could handle stress wise. And where would you even attach a load? I wouldn't think the legs would handle much of a load. What I'm actually curious about is, the max climb rate is 5 m/s. Is that at max prop speed? Or is it simply limited to that rate by the OS and the props can actually spin faster if the load requires them to?

Hey all, I created this thread quite awhile ago and just thought I would update things abit. In the process of bringing a P2 battery back from the dead (which is another very long story but a successful one) so I can bench test a P2V+, which has a mind of it's own and likes to try and take off while sitting idle with the props running (which I've been doing to cycle the battery) I figured it was safe and prudent to add some weight to prevent takeoff. See the following pic:
20190302_215902.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Believe it or not this P2 will actually lift off with all those boards holding down the landing gear!!!! Apparently these Phantoms have some serious lifting abilities. And BTW the P2 does not let you cancel RTH on low battery with the sticks. When the battery got down to 20% (which is what I have it set for RTH at 35 meters height) it tried to climb to that and RTH. Pulling down on the left stick did NOTHING!!! Luckily as I was scrambling to shut down the battery it shut down on its own. Scary stuff and who knew that these phantoms could lift so much???

These are the 4 boards I used to hold it down with no luck:
20190302_221924.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj