MavickPro to Phantom 4 Trickle Down Features?

Reaction score
So I watched the launch event. My question is if we can expect any of the tech announced for the Mavick to trickle down to the Phantom:
  • Do you all think that the new flight modes announced for the MavicPro will trickle down / also be supported for the Phantom4?
    • Focus Mode
    • Tripod Mode
    • Terrain Follow mode
    • Precision Landing feature (probably not would be my guess)
  • Do you think the DJI Goggles will work with Phantom 4 - as long as the HDMI out is installed?

Reactions: The Brit
Do you all think that the new flight modes announced for the MavicPro will trickle down / also be supported for the Phantom4?
Both aircraft have the same sensors, so I think we'll see those new flight modes added to the P4 too.

Lots of goodies on the mavic seem to be software driven and I would think (hope) they will trickle down. The OcuSync transmission? hardware or software? The next few months should be interresting, there`s not mutch info on the goggles.

Reactions: Juergen B
The OcuSync transmission? hardware or software?

I was thinking the same regarding controller and Go App software features, firmware will be able to address some of this... But the OcuSync could have proprietary hardware/chips driving it, personally I would not expect that to trickle down to the Phantom series...

Still, excited to see this, and an interesting balance to strike to still keep the Phantom 4 series relevant...

I am satisfied with what I have and new features would be a plus, as for any transmission distance, I presently can go as far as my battery will bring me back, I have DBS2 and in my environment it works very well. Today I am think I saw something about the goggles being wireless. For me the P4 is better than Mavic because I sometimes have to hand catch because the landing area is no go and I land often in the grass and P4 clears the props and mavis would cut the grass. I like the mavic but would not trade in my P4 for one.

Reactions: neocacher
I am satisfied with what I have and new features would be a plus, as for any transmission distance, I presently can go as far as my battery will bring me back, I have DBS2 and in my environment it works very well. Today I am think I saw something about the goggles being wireless. For me the P4 is better than Mavic because I sometimes have to hand catch because the landing area is no go and I land often in the grass and P4 clears the props and mavis would cut the grass. I like the mavic but would not trade in my P4 for one.

I like the P3S and P3A I have just fine! Plus I have a slew of batteries! Not going to invest every time something new comes out. Do you buy a new car each year?

Reactions: Erised
I like the mavic but would not trade in my P4 for one.
Makes sense, for me it's not a matter of replacing, but a both and... if you have a use for the scenarios the Mavic is good at. Personally for my work an Inspire would be more appropriate as the next step for commercial work.

Makes sense, for me it's not a matter of replacing, but a both and... if you have a use for the scenarios the Mavic is good at. Personally for my work an Inspire would be more appropriate as the next step for commercial work.
I'm going to wait and see the next generation of Inspire. I hope there will be two cameras, in my case one cam for me and the other for my wife, she likes to take pictures and video but not as thrilled in the flying fun of a time as I am, good things are comming. All that with graphene batteries and we will be cooking with crisco.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj