Mavic Pro User Manual 2016.09 (unofficial release)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Edit: DJI asked me to remove this post. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Thanks Mike :) I had always (stupidly) read that handle as a shortened version of 'messenger'

Not a word about the "tap to focus"-function?

Pg. 43 ...but perhaps more interesting is the "Spotlight" active track function, seems to suggest continuous autofocus on the subject. Pretty cool to see any indication of continuous autofocus

Reactions: Wfrank
Pg. 43 ...but perhaps more interesting is the "Spotlight" active track function, seems to suggest continuous autofocus on the subject. Pretty cool to see any indication of continuous autofocus

Hm, I am not convinced... I think with "focus", they mean that the drone keeps the target centered in the frame, not optically focusing.

But surely there must be an AF feature somewhere, I hardly think the good people at DJI simply "forgot" something as basic and elementary as this. I would rather think that the AF is the default mode and you can somehow override it into manual mode. Otherwise it just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

Honestly, I don't think I have seen a non-fixed focus camera without AF since... like since I was a small kid 35 years ago. That would make the Mavic completely unusable for a lot of different scenarios.

I mean, how about a vertical climb with the camera pointing down - without AF, this would not work. Whatever is in focus at the beginning of the climb will go out of focus pretty fast and then everything gets blurry unless you keep tapping the screen like crazy. I honestly don't believe that it is how the Mavic will work, unless the designers at DJI had a total brain fart.

/// Tom

Last edited:
Not a word about the "tap to focus"-function?

Page 42:

11. Focus/Metering Button / : Tap to switch between focus and metering mode. Tap to select object for focusing or metering.

Hm, still not convinced... how about a vertical climb with the camera pointing straight down - without AF, this would be impossible.

/// Tom
Page 42:

11. Focus/Metering Button / : Tap to switch between focus and metering mode. Tap to select object for focusing or metering.

Focus OR exposure? Really???

/// Tom

There are plenty of minor errors in that, especially around the labelling of the RC buttons and dials, and no significant mention of gesture control. I look forward to later editions :)

There are plenty of minor errors in that
There are errors and missing information in every DJI manual. I'm thinking it's one of their signature moves.

Here's another hint (about the focus function), pg 9.
upload_2016-10-6_14-27-23.png

Reactions: thegroovologist
Yeah, I just found a Dutch YT review of the Mavic, displaying a green square in the middle of the image with the caption "AF". To me that looks like a normal center autofocus.

/// Tom

upload_2016-10-6_15-48-45.png

Reactions: thegroovologist
The first (unofficial) version of the Mavic Pro user manual can be downloaded here.
You should at least credit your source (if he's OK with that) since he was so nice to share it with us all. He sent it to me too but you posted first.

Reactions: dirkclod
You should at least credit your source
In that case, I'd like to credit DJI too. I really appreciate them putting together helpful resources like this.

BTW, I hope nobody thinks I'm attempting to take credit for finding/sharing/creating the Mavic manual. I'm simply sharing it here because I thought it would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valkster
In that case, I'd like to credit DJI too. I really appreciate them putting together helpful resources like this.

BTW, I hope nobody thinks I'm attempting to take credit for finding/sharing/creating the Mavic manual. I'm simply sharing it here because I thought it would be helpful.

You even attached your name to the PDF...

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif

You all can thank Rick A for the manual... Thanks Rick!!!

LuvMyTJ, if you feel it's so important to credit the source, then please just do it. It seems you're making a big deal about nothing here.

Reactions: Bibs
LuvMyTJ, if you feel it's so important to credit the source, then please just do it. It seems you're making a big deal about nothing here.
Thanks, I did. I feel it was very nice of him to do so and as such a nice person he should be credited. I had told him I would, but you posted it first. :)

No worries. FWIW, Judge Judy is the greatest.

Reactions: Michaelangelo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4