Mavic or a p4

Reaction score
I was looking for buying a p4 or a mavic for filming.

My main goal: best image quality.
The first videos online where blurry, but I guess it's only a matter of time before the mavic has the same quality as the p4.
But what's bothers me the most, the FOV of the mavic. Should it be to narrow for indoor video? I would like to use to make video in large buildings.
Is the mavic more steady indoor?

And I like the mavic orbiting around a moving object. What's the change that litchi introduces this future for the p4?

I don't really care about quadcopter size.

Most of the early videos were blurry because people didn't realise that that the Mavic has a "tap screen to focus" facility.
In 35mm camera terms the P4 is a 20mm lens, and the Mavic is 28mm...it's up to you whether that's wide enough. It would seem that that the Mavic is a bit more stable than the P4.

Ah 'focusgate', some reviewers inadvertently focused the camera for close up work. The camera to all intents and purposes (other than the focal length) has the same (excellent) construction and sensor (why would they make it worse?). The focus is a new feature not seen on older models, and seems to have caused great confusion. As Litchi was specifically mentioned in the Mavic release, I'd guess it'll be just the same as with the P3 and P4.

Wait a bit. As Mavic users report back we will have much more info to go by. Plus the prices have nowhere to go but down.

Reactions: Alex Baxter

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl