Mavic NON-Pro?

Reaction score
It is called the Mavic Pro after all.

What do you guys think the possibility of DJI releasing a "lesser than pro" mavic in the near future?

Mavic, Mavic Advanced, etc.

I'm kind of thinking NOT. What do you guys think?

My crystal ball shows DJI is going to release a WiFi only Mavic at some point.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Well, they already have $750 WiFi only price point, so the next step would be to see if they can reach $500 point at the user friendly Mavic size. There is a consensus that $500 would be a sweet spot to put a ton of drones under Christmas trees. $750, $1,000 and $1,4000 (P4) are still strictly enthusiast territory.

If they follow their P3 release method it is very probable they will.
First came the Pro & Advanced, then the Standard, then the 4K.
Since they added Pro to the name I assume there will be a non-pro to come.

They are incredibly sharp. The timing of the release came days after GoPro announced their product. They crushed the GoPro Karma. Of course GoPro will sell but they really took the edge of their release. Now they can stroll out the base model at a price level lower than the competition and outsell everyone. AGAIN! The DJI marketing and sales strategy is second to none. R&D clearly the best. Customer service probably last. Very profit oriented for sure.

I pose this to Autel, Yuneec and 3DR. How profitable is an upgradeable system? Removable gimbal is great for the owners but how profitable is it to the company. You release a $300 camera upgrade for you system. DJI releases a totally new product at 1000 that is more advanced and just better than yours. The technology moves so fast that the modular system doesn't make sense. In 6 months DJI will release the P5. It will be better than the Mavic and have new features. I would be shocked if they aren't already working on it..

So yeah, there will be a basic Mavic.. P5.... Inspire 2. And they will be incredibly smart on how they release them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well, they already have $750 WiFi only price point, so the next step would be to see if they can reach $500 point at the user friendly Mavic size. There is a consensus that $500 would be a sweet spot to put a ton of drones under Christmas trees. $750, $1,000 and $1,4000 (P4) are still strictly enthusiast territory.
I hope it doesn't come to that. Granted that Phantom 3 is already in the "Affordable" territory, it is still cumbersome to carry around and size is a hindrance. If the Mavic drops to less than $500, I can foresee 10 years asking for a Mavic instead of an iphone on their birthday.

Its a good point having the PRO suffix..
The P4 did not have any SUFFIX and they only released the 1 model.
Could it be that non pro could be a non-4K camera with Light bridge 1.5 and no Obstacle avoidance??

Its a good point having the PRO suffix..
The P4 did not have any SUFFIX and they only released the 1 model.
Could it be that non pro could be a non-4K camera with Light bridge 1.5 and no Obstacle avoidance??
I doubt you will see any future UAV's from them without OA... in fact it will only get more prevalent. The P5 will probably have front & rear or maybe even 360 degree OA... just speculating here. :D

I doubt you will see any future UAV's from them without OA... in fact it will only get more prevalent. The P5 will probably have front & rear or maybe even 360 degree OA... just speculating here. :D

I think team Phantom at DJI are under massive pressure to pump something out in the next 6 months.. Might see a VTOL phantom with switch back wings..

Back on topic.. the Mavic Basic/Std/Adv might just be a mavic with arms that don't fold :)

They are incredibly sharp. The timing of the release came days after GoPro announced their product. They crushed the GoPro Karma. Of course GoPro will sell but they really took the edge of their release. Now they can stroll out the base model at a price level lower than the competition and outsell everyone. AGAIN! The DJI marketing and sales strategy is second to none. R&D clearly the best. Customer service probably last. Very profit oriented for sure.

I pose this to Autel, Yuneec and 3DR. How profitable is an upgradeable system? Removable gimbal is great for the owners but how profitable is it to the company. You release a $300 camera upgrade for you system. DJI releases a totally new product at 1000 that is more advanced and just better than yours. The technology moves so fast that the modular system doesn't make sense. In 6 months DJI will release the P5. It will be better than the Mavic and have new features. I would be shocked if they aren't already working on it..

So yeah, there will be a basic Mavic.. P5.... Inspire 2. And they will be incredibly smart on how they release them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I wonder what arrangements DJI has with MediaTek, WT Microelectronics, Amberella and the likely other suppliers of their core technology to secure ongoing supply and preclude opportunity for competitors to squeeze their way in?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic