Mavic hand held gimbal.

Reaction score
Anyone out there see a test yet where the Mavic is used as a hand held stabilized camera?
Could one of the lucky few who has one try to see what we can do with out it spinning?

Haven't seen any specific video, but DJI employees have definitely confirmed that you can use the Mavic's camera and gimbal with the unit folded up.

Not really a big surprise, since you can record on the Phantoms without the motors running. :)

I wished they did the opposite of iPhone and added a 3.5mm audio jack. I am sure the 24 on board processors could of handled it.
Funny thing is, if the motors are speakers, why can't they turn them into microphones as well (yes, speakers can be used as microphones). It would then make an excellent 3 axis stabilised camcorder.

Motors are speakers only in the most basic form and without diaphragms they can not be used as microphones.

And besides,if they could as Alex Baxter said,Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not sure about the audio track, bzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

We are talking about using the mavic as a hand held for ground footage. This means the props are not spinning.

Fans running, and gimbal motors "screeching".
Record audio separately, as you'd always want to do.

@Mako79, @PTCX is right. The motors work as speakers only because on a nanoscopic scale the dipoles in the windings re-aligning are what cause the sound. As sound waves are no ferros it can't work the other way around without a diaphram.

But a mic would be nice. However, you could just get your own mic and record audio via phone. Afterall, whats one step further for just holding a phone with a mic on it and the folded up mavic.

I wonder if the plastic cover for the camera would dampen the gimbals noise for external mic recording and if you can shoot through it without distortion? Or is it just for transportation and will warp anything shot with it on.

Any mic with a windsock should help that. But still gimble motors. best bet is mic up someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4