Mavic footage examples

Looks sharp enough for me! :) Some good examples of that selective focus too (focused object in the foreground and a burry background for a more cinematic rendering). The only worrying thing is that tilted horizon at some places, it looks that the Mavic is more prone to gimbal misalignments than the Phantom. I suppose we will need to get used to calibrating it frequently.

/// Tom

Reactions: robinb and wattage
The 2nd video the fella mentions that he likes to calibrate the gimbal before each flight but the video still has horizon issues ...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Looks sharp enough for me! :) Some good examples of that selective focus too (focused object in the foreground and a burry background for a more cinematic rendering). The only worrying thing is that tilted horizon at some places, it looks that the Mavic is more prone to gimbal misalignments than the Phantom. I suppose we will need to get used to calibrating it frequently.

/// Tom

Agreed, I've noticed this in a lot of the test footage, hopefully easy enough to remedy in flight or pre flight

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think the tilted horizon resulted from the fast tracking of the birds where the Mavic was moving sideways. I seem to remember my P3 did a similar thing early on even after they fixed the tilted horizon in a firmware update.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Bibs
I've downloaded that first one and it's definitely significantly better that P3Pro.
Not sure how it compares to P4 but at least comparable.
This puts to bed the quality issue IMO.

...longer version:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers