Mavic Battery Cost a big plus

Reaction score
Nobody's mentioned that the battery for the Mavic is selling for $89.95 as compared to the Phantom 4's for $169.95. Slightly more than half as much as the Phantom's. That seems like a huge benefit for all the people who like to have multiple batteries (some have as many as 10?). Half the price (of the battery) for the same and maybe even longer flight time as the Phantom 4.

Reactions: Freddy4130
Phantom 4 batteries can be easily found for about $100 these days. Perhaps that just means we'll see even lower prices on the Mavic batteries some months after it has been released.

I was talking about "suggested retail price" for both products from DJI. It's not comparing apples to apples to compare the cost of a battery for a hot new product (Mavic) to the eBay discount sellers price of batteries for an older product line (Phantom 4) just after the release of the Mavic.
With all that said, the Mavic battery is still cheaper today. A lot of the people who bought the Phantom 4 early on did pay the $170. price. Early Mavic buyers will be able to pay half that for batteries. In my mind a big plus for the Mavic.
Msinger, appreciate all you do in this forum, your posts, and product research. Really like your "help" link with the lists. Am always referring to it.
Am a late joiner of this forum but have been lurking forever. Bought a Phantom 1 when it came out long ago, have an Inspire 1, built a Flamewheel, have a Phantom 4 and have on order the Mavic. Not to mention many other non DJI drones.
Somewhat obsessed.

Competition is a lovely thing. It appears DJI waited for the Karma release to set their prices accordingly. The battery price for P4 was inflated from the get go, we all know that. The Mavic on the other hand has the potential to sell millions if the price is right, being reasonable to the competition in "this class" of drone. I think DJI has done a good job pricing it right.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj