Master Spreadsheet of Crashes and flyways?

Reaction score
Moderators: Since this applies to all Phantoms please feel free to move it to a more appropriate sub forum.

Has anyone tried to compile a master spreadsheet of crashes and flyaways for the entire DJI Phantom series? If not I might be willing to keep the records and post them here.

The data should include fields like (please feel free to suggest additional fields):

1. type of aircraft, serial number and installed firmware.
2. condition (stock, mods or add-ons). Mods and Add-ons should be identified specifically
3. specific JDI hardware information (motor series, prop series, esc version, vented wi-fi)
4. number of flights with the aircraft
5. date of last calibration
6. Battery (number of cycles, amount of charge at time of the incident).
7. type of controller (original, tilt wheel, internal rechargeable, etc) and installed firmware.
8. battery charge information at time of incident
9. date of last calibration.
10. date of incident
11. location of incident
12. date of last compass calibration.
13. phantom or naza mode
14. description of incident and attempts to recover
15. pilot assessment of cause of incident

additional fields can include
purchase date,
vendor purchased from
any assistance provided by vendor.
any response from DJI to warranty inquiry.

I can definitely see the need to log flights and hours for use with future licensing/certification etc. but to collect so much data on something that will either be on the 'display shelf' or in the rubbish/parts bin in a year or so kinda seems like a waste of time. I'd rather be flying.

Besides who vets the quality/accuracy of the data and who is going to parse it?

99% of the 'fly-aways' described here are reasonably proven to be due to pilot error of some type.

N017RW
Thanks for the input.
Data is just data and the veracity of the self reports is unimportant however, trends are pretty interesting.
I am not suggesting that anyone other than myself take responsibility for keeping the DB.
If folks aren't interested that is fine with me.
Just making an offer.

They did this on RC Groups over a year ago. Didn't really help. Turned into was it the phantom or the pilot causing the problem.

Mori55 said:
They did this on RC Groups over a year ago. Didn't really help. Turned into was it the phantom or the pilot causing the problem.

Thanks Mori
Not interested in reinventing a square wheel. I withdraw my suggestion and offer.

Thanks all the same though!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj