Marshmallow 6.1.1 issues

Reaction score
I just updated my android galaxy tab E to the latest software marshmallow 6.1.1. Now the DJI go app will not connect to the aircraft. I have the latest GO app update as well.

Anyone experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had same problem with my samsung tab a, factory reset and still wouldnt work tried heaps and nothing so i sold it and brought an ipad.

I just updated my android galaxy tab E to the latest software marshmallow 6.1.1. Now the DJI go app will not connect to the aircraft. I have the latest GO app update as well.

Anyone experiencing this?

Did you already have an earlier version of Marshmallow installed or did you update from an older OS version such as Lollipop or KitKat? I ask because there were several threads about issues with Samsung devices and Marshmallow. I don't use Android, so I don't know much of the details or how widespread the issue was at the time. I'm only bringing it up in case it's something that may help you troubleshoot. Good luck sir.

Didn't fix it by reinstalling the App

I have a Samsung Tab A and am experiencing the same thing. It worked fine until I upgraded to marshmallow. I updated the Go app and Phantom firmware as well with no luck. After much trial and error, I have a work-around that works most of the time:
1 - Turn your controller on
2 - Turn Phantom on - let them warm up for a few minutes
3 - Plug in the cable connection from the controller to your tablet.
with mine, plugging in to the tablet will launch the Go App automatically
If not, then launch the Go App manually
4 - Once the connection is made, swipe down from the top of the tablet to see the Notification display menu

This menu should have a message saying that it is "Transferring media files via USB, tap for other USB options"
What seems to be happening is that the Android system thinks you are connecting a cable to be used for transferring files from the tablet to another device ( such as a computer or laptop )
When you tap for other options you should see a new menu with other options
Select the last option labelled "None", you may have to hold down the tap on the "none" option for it to take.
Then tap outside the menu to see the Go app and see if you are connected.
If the connection is not successful, unplug the cable and try again, making sure the "none" option is selected.
You may have to do this several times to finally make the connection.
I don't like this but I can usually get it to work and once connected, the system seems to work fine and I can fly the Phantom as usual. I am not ready to spring for an Ipad.

Reactions: Meta4
Turn the pad completely off with cable connected.
Turn on only once controller and drone are on.
The pad will fire up and go directly to dji app.
Works for me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had same problem with my samsung tab a, factory reset and still wouldnt work tried heaps and nothing so i sold it and brought an ipad.

You certainly fell into the DJI trap there.
They would like everybody to use Apple products to make their job
a lot easier.
Why I don't know as Android has been the market leader by far over
the last few years.

I'm sticking with my Samsung Tab (A) and when they block that it will
Bye Bye DJI.

Turn the pad completely off with cable connected.
Turn on only once controller and drone are on.
The pad will fire up and go directly to dji app.
Works for me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app
^ this^ should work.
I've never had any problems using DJIGo with any of my Android devices. I refuse to purchase an Apple device just so I can fly my P3P. As a matter of fact, the DJIGo app was updated to fly the P4P on Android devices before it was updated for Apple, so there isn't a "preferred" device despite what some folks may think. My Galaxy S5 is rooted, still running KitKat and Dji Go wasn't even available to download from they Play Store. I simply sideloaded the app and it's worked great ever since. It also works great on my Nexus 7 running Marshmallow 6.1 & my wife's Note 7, also running the same version Marshmallow.
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

^ this^ should work.
I've never had any problems using DJIGo with any of my Android devices. I refuse to purchase an Apple device just so I can fly my P3P. As a matter of fact, the DJIGo app was updated to fly the P4P on Android devices before it was updated for Apple, so there isn't a "preferred" device despite what some folks may think. My Galaxy S5 is rooted, still running KitKat and Dji Go wasn't even available to download from they Play Store. I simply sideloaded the app and it's worked great ever since. It also works great on my Nexus 7 running Marshmallow 6.1 & my wife's Note 7, also running the same version Marshmallow.
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n
Also running good on my LG G4 on Marshmallow 6.00

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20