March 1 ? Phantom 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it truly flies 28-30 minutes before first battery warning, I'm in.

looking forward to it. its gotta be good to compete with whatever gopro is coming out with
Maybe that should be: GoPro will have to come up with something pretty good to compete with the P3.
They've got zero prior experience with flying machines so playing catchup from way behind is going to be a tough exercise.

I just care what color it is...Black pls.

Karma will be interesting as I'm not sure the Hero 4 can match P3P camera now, just my opinion not my specs pov.
I'd say price will match 3DR unfortunately. So around AUS $2999 that will suck, will buy from SG.

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
I just bought the 3 pro, so this better have a bucket load of improvements for me to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I swear I saw obstacle detection sensors!...I love my p3 pro but if we are taking about lightbridge 2, obstacle detection, and increased flight time count me in! Will have to see what restrictions they are implementing to make final decision.

Will have to see what restrictions they are implementing to make final decision.

That's going to be the downside, various sops to counter bad publicity more or less baked in.
Could well be range restricted out of the box - LOS only -
eusa_naughty_1.gif

Probably the P3 will continue alongside and outsell it for months yet.

Some pictures here. opinions vary.

The video snippets look nothing like the phantom were accustomed to, or the leaked pictures... ???

On closer look the holes in the video are on the leaked pictures.. Hmm

Maybe that should be: GoPro will have to come up with something pretty good to compete with the P3.
They've got zero prior experience with flying machines so playing catchup from way behind is going to be a tough exercise.
I highly doubt GoPro will be a contender, likely another Solo struggle IMHO since I'm guessing here. I hammered GoPro at CES last month for not producing a good camera, one without fisheye. I ask the product manager at the booth, Have you noticed that DJI and Yuneec have zero fisheye at 94 degree FOV? He said, Yeah, but you lose so much FOV, and it can be fixed in post editing. I asked, Why do you think the largest drone manufacturer in the world chose the 94 degree tradeoff for no fisheye. Customer demand maybe? He had no answer.

I would almost guarantee the camera on the Karma will have fisheye, that's all they know. I don't think they understand.

I swear I saw obstacle detection sensors!...I love my p3 pro but if we are taking about lightbridge 2, obstacle detection, and increased flight time count me in! Will have to see what restrictions they are implementing to make final decision.
I really don't care about obstacle avoidance. Today's technology can't detect small limbs or wires. However if P4 has Lightbridge 2, a better ISO camera and 30+min flight time, I'M IN! It must be backpackable though, that's a must to get my vote.

Oh man, I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about it. It's going to be a really big Super Tuesday next week.
upload_2016-2-25_14-49-39.png

Last edited:
I don't believe the P4 gone have lightbridge 2 because the P3 doesn't have even lightbridge 1.I have the lightbridge 1 device on my P2 and the picture quality is much much better than my P3 or I1.Lightbridge 1 device has 1080p with 60 fps broadcast quality transmission video.
However as i can see the battery of the P4 i believe it has the double capacity of the P3's battery and for that reason i believe the P4 is gone have 35 to 40 minutes flight time!And for that reason only i'm in.

Was told that there would not be a P4 announced in March so it would have to be a new craft. Not a P4.

Was told that there would not be a P4 announced in March so it would have to be a new craft. Not a P4.

Looks like a P4. I mean it's white and same basic shape, camera hanging off it with a gimbal etc. Not real sure they can call it anything else but a Phantom 4? Then again DJi has done some pretty confusing marketing in the past. I would think from a marketing standpoint for it to be anything other than a Phantom it would need to look drastically different. For it to look very similar most people are gonna assume it's a P4.

Reactions: joshking440
Looks like a P4. I mean it's white and same basic shape, camera hanging off it with a gimbal etc. Not real sure they can call it anything else but a Phantom 4? Then again DJi has done some pretty confusing marketing in the past. I would think from a marketing standpoint for it to be anything other than a Phantom it would need to look drastically different. For it to look very similar most people are gonna assume it's a P4.
Maybe it's the new P4 but they decide to change the name to something else,similar like the apple who change the name of the ipad 5 to ipad air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr