Maps Made Easy Making Public

Reaction score
I made a couple of maps and checked public viewing and public measuring, but the measuring tools don't appear for my customer or others who are looking at the map. What do I need to do to enable them?

Can you send a link to one of your maps?

I use a P4P and the biggest area so far is about 35 acres.

I've been told that the issue could be that the measuring tools don't work on touch screen devices or monitors.

Please let me know if you can access the measuring tools:
Hillcrest

I use a P4P and the biggest area so far is about 35 acres.

I've been told that the issue could be that the measuring tools don't work on touch screen devices or monitors.

Please let me know if you can access the measuring tools:
Hillcrest
Your map looks great. And, no, you can't access the measuring tools from a touchpad such as on an iPad (no way to click and draw a line). Everything is there, nice elevation mapping too. Have to let your customers that they will have to do their analysis on a laptop or PC.

The measuring tools also could not be accessed at that client's desktop computer. I was there and saw for myself. So I suppose that means that she had a touch screen monitor? Did you have access to the measuring tools? I was happy with the way that one turned out. I did a second map of the same location from a little higher and with only 60% overlap (instead of 75) and it looks almost as good. Just a very slight but acceptable reduction of detail--hardly noticeable, and at that height and overlap was able to do the map for under 250 points (which I don't want to make a habit of since they need to make money too).

If you have time, please take a look at that other map. The roof rendered very badly, and those artifacts show up as deep holes on the 3D model. I did another lower and closer run on that roof and that one was better, but it still had some issues. Do you know of any way around this? (I couldn't even get photoshop to put the roof images together. It got very confused).

I had no problem accessing the measuring tools on your map. They show up on the left side of my screen and I can click on them and draw lines, polygons, etc. I'm using my Macbook Pro.
I agree that the roof on the second map is pretty messed up, but I don't really have any idea why. What were your overlap values for data collections? Did you take a look at the raw pictures for that section of roof? are there any glitches in the image or the exif data?

Regarding your roof, photogrammetry software packages rely on identifying matching points in overlapping images and uniform surfaces like your roof where the software cannot distinguish matches can cause some issues with the output. Processing the data yourself with a program like Pix4D where you can assist the software by manually identifying more matching points in those uniform surface images may help but a cloud based service like Maps Made Easy just processes the images you provide.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20