Maps in App

M

Melvoid

So, when I got my P3A, I highjacked my wife's iPad, loaded the app, and never gave it back. Early on, I used to be able to go home and watch a playback of my flight route over a map (which I assume came from Google Maps or something similar). This no longer works. I have not updated the app, but my wife DID cancel service to the iPad.

Everything else seems to work just fine, but the maps are no longer there. Is this because of the canceled service?

Last edited by a moderator:
GO now uses "Here Maps" which are terrible. There is a workaround trick someplace that I saw in the forums but it's not easy. Since I fly exclusively with Litchi, they still use Google Maps. That would be the easiest fix for you. Granted I am on Android, but would assume they are the same for IOS.

GO now uses "Here Maps" which are terrible. There is a workaround trick someplace that I saw in the forums but it's not easy. Since I fly exclusively with Litchi, they still use Google Maps. That would be the easiest fix for you. Granted I am on Android, but would assume they are the same for IOS.
So you don't think it's the fact that we're no longer paying for service on the iPad? it used to be on the side with an iPhone subscription.

So you don't think it's the fact that we're no longer paying for service on the iPad? it used to be on the side with an iPhone subscription.
If that is the case, if the tablet has Wi-Fi, you can cache the maps before you go fly.

It will however, still be here maps and not Google.

With that in mind, if I load the DJI app on a current phone, is it going to be different? The app on my old iPad is a year and a half old... before all those scares of limitations came in. Does the new app limit anything?

The new app will not limit anything, but you will have to log in to the DJI servers once after installing the new version. Otherwise you will be limited. Just log in while connected to the internet, log back out and you should be fine.

The new app will not limit anything, but you will have to log in to the DJI servers once after installing the new version. Otherwise you will be limited. Just log in while connected to the internet, log back out and you should be fine.
Thank you.

Ummm...So if I want to fly my DJI Spark, the best bet is to use Litchi? Why did I pay $500 for a drone that I can't fly? And to make it work I need to invest $25 in software from another company that actually know what they're doing? Thanks DJI. I love my Spark paperweight.

@UncleFudge ........Spark is a completely different animal. Barely comparable IMO. Not even certain it would run Litchi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan